Social Responsibility | Cypress Semiconductor
June 2019 - Cypress Semiconductor Corp. (Cypress) is now a Regular Member of the Responsible Business Alliance (RBA - formerly EICC). Cypress fully supports the vision and goals of the RBA:
Members, suppliers and stakeholders collaborate to improve working and environmental conditions through leading standards and practices. Cypress commits to progressively aligning its own operations with the provisions of the RBA Code of Conduct and to support and encourage its own first-tier suppliers to do the same. Wherever possible, Cypress will seek to adopt RBA's approaches and tools in practical ways, in the spirit of the industry's common goals.
A global electronics industry that creates sustainable value for workers, the environment and business
Cypress Social Responsibility Policy
As a global supplier to customers worldwide, Cypress operates across a diverse range of cultures and international markets. We are committed to providing our customers with inventive, high-quality solutions that are environmentally sound; conducting our operations in an environmentally, socially, and ethically responsible manner; and complying with all applicable laws and regulations of those countries worldwide where we do business. This commitment is deeply ingrained in our Core Values, certain policies, and our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
Cypress is proud of our commitment to be a good corporate citizen in the communities we operate and for our employees, suppliers, and customers worldwide. At Cypress, we strive for Social Responsibility as defined by the RBA Code of Conduct, which provides guidance in five critical areas: labor, health and safety, environmental, ethics, and management system. Cypress is a socially responsible company and has demonstrated this in each of these areas through our core values and processes:
- Freely chosen employment and child labor avoidance enforced
- Compliance with working hours guidelines and wages and benefits laws
- Humane treatment, including no tolerance for sexual harassment or discrimination
- Freedom of association for employees
Health & Safety
- Promotion ofISO-18001 certified
- Occupational safety among workers
- Procedures to address injuries and illnesses, industrial hygiene, and physically demanding work
- Specifications for machine safeguarding
- All required environmental permits, approvals and registrations are obtained and maintained and all regulatory reports are made.
- Energy consumption and all relevant Scopes 1 and 2 greenhouse gas emissions are reported annually to CDP.
- SO-14001 certified and maintenance of Environmental Management Systems
- Proactive management of Lead Free, RoHS, REACH and Halogen Free ("Green") programs
- Intellectual property rights are respected and customer and supplier information is safeguarded.
- Comply with personal information privacy and security laws and regulatory requirements.
- Code of Business Conduct and Ethics promoted and enforced
- Whistleblower Policy in place to protect employees reporting wrongdoing
- Specification addressing responsible sourcing of minerals
- Management affirms and promotes Corporate Social Responsibility policy
- Management committee in place to monitor Corporate Social Responsibility and assess risks
- Established communication with legal and regulatory groups
- Training and communications to employees on Corporate Social Responsibility
- Social and environmental improvement objectives
- Self-evaluations and corrective action process
- Require suppliers to comply with RBA Code of Conduct
Corporate Social Responsibility Program
The following documents are the foundation of Cypress’ Social Responsibility Program
- DMS Spec 002-10147 – EHS Metrics Reporting Program
- DMS Spec 002-09977 – Global EHS Standards and Reference Documents
- DMS Spec 001-83899 – RBA Code of Conduct Conformance Documentation
- e-Spec CSR 100 – Social Responsibility Management System Manual
- e-Spec CSR 102 – RBA Supplier Code of Conduct
- Memo BDAV-11 - 2015 Cypress Social Responsibility Management Team Review Minutes
- Memo BDAV-131 - 2016 Cypress Social Responsibility Management Team Review Minutes
- Memo BDAV-262 - 2017 Cypress Social Responsibility Management Team Review Minutes
- Memo BDAV-339 - 2018 Cypress Social Responsibility Management Team Review Minutes
Cypress Corporate Social Responsibility Sponsor: Wei-Chung Wang, EVP, Manufacturing