Social Responsibility | Cypress Semiconductor
March 8, 2017 - Cypress Semiconductor Corp. (Cypress) has rejoined the Responsible Business Alliance (RBA - formerly EICC), as an Affiliate Member. Cypress fully supports the vision and goals of the RBA, which are:
A global electronics industry that creates sustainable value for workers, the environment and business.
Members, suppliers and stakeholders collaborate to improve working and environmental conditions through leading standards and practices.
Cypress commits to progressively aligning its own operations with the provisions of the RBA Code of Conduct and to support and encourage its own first-tier suppliers to do the same.
Wherever possible, Cypress will seek to adopt RBA's approaches and tools in practical ways, in the spirit of the industry's common goals.
Cypress Social Responsibility Policy: As a global supplier to customers worldwide, Cypress operates across a diverse range of cultures and international markets. We are committed to providing our customers with inventive, high-quality solutions that are environmentally sound; conducting our operations in an environmentally, socially, and ethically responsible manner; and complying with all applicable laws and regulations of those countries worldwide where we do business. This commitment is deeply ingrained in our Core Values, certain policies, and our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
Cypress is proud of our commitment to be a good corporate citizen in the communities we operate and for our employees, suppliers, and customers worldwide.
At Cypress, we strive for Social Responsibility as defined by the RBA Code of Conduct, which provides guidance in five critical areas: labor, health and safety, environmental, ethics, and management system. Cypress is a socially responsible company and has demonstrated this in each of these areas through our core values and processes:
- Freely chosen employment and child labor avoidance enforced
- Compliance with working hours guidelines and wages and benefits laws
- Humane treatment, including no tolerance for sexual harassment or discrimination
- Freedom of association for employees
Health & Safety
- Promotion of occupational safety among workers
- Procedures to address injuries and illnesses, industrial hygiene, and physically demanding work
- Specifications for machine safeguarding
- Plans in place to handle emergency situations
- Sanitary working and eating environments
- Communication of workplace health and safety requirements
- ISO-14001 certified and maintenance of Environmental Management Systems
- Proactive management of Lead Free, RoHS, REACH and Halogen Free ("Green") programs
- Code of Business Conduct and Ethics promoted and enforced
- Whistleblower Policy in place to protect employees reporting wrongdoing
- Specification addressing responsible sourcing of minerals
- Management affirms and promotes Corporate Social Responsibility policy
- Management committee in place to monitor Corporate Social Responsibility and assess risks
- Established communication with legal and regulatory groups
- Training and communications to employees on Corporate Social Responsibility
- Social and environmental improvement objectives
- Self-evaluations and corrective action process
- Require suppliers to comply with RBA Code of Conduct
Corporate Social Responsibility Program
The following documents are the foundation of Cypress’ Social Responsibility Program:
- DMS Spec 002-10147 – EHS Metrics Reporting Program
- DMS Spec 002-09977 – Global EHS Standards and Reference Documents
- DMS Spec 001-83899 – RBA Code of Conduct Conformance Documentation
- e-Spec CSR 100 – Social Responsibility Management System Manual
- e-Spec CSR 102 – RBA Supplier Code of Conduct
- Memo BDAV-11 - 2015 Cypress Social Responsibility Management Team Review Minutes