Cypress offers Bluetooth Smart PSoC 4 to connect low power applications to smart phone or tablets. Today’s consumers expect their wireless devices to quickly and seamlessly connect and to perform just like wired ones provide at home, in the car and on the move. With Cypress’s products you can provide these key elements and universal connectively consumers look for in their smartphones or tablets.
Bluetooth Smart PSoC 4 Bluetooth Low Energy is a Arm® Cortex®-M0-based, PSoC device that integrates programmable analog front ends, programmable digital logic, industry-leading CapSense® user interface and a Bluetooth® Low Energy (Bluetooth Smart) radio. It includes a royalty-free Bluetooth Low Energy Protocol Stack compatible with Bluetooth 4.2.
New! Watch how-to make an an iOS App to control a robot using Bluetooth Low Energy
New! PSoC 4 Bluetooth Low Energy devices are now in production with:
- 256 KB/128 KB Flash and 32 KB/16 KB SRAM
- All new Bluetooth 4.2 features
- Enhanced security with LE Secure Connections
- Power-efficient privacy with LL Privacy 1.2
- Up to 2.6x higher throughput with LE Data Length Extension
- Direct Memory Access (DMA) to access SRAM without CPU intervention
Get started with Bluetooth 4.2 today!
- Download PSoC Creator 3.3 SP1
- Order a Bluetooth 4.2 compatible Bluetooth Low Energy Pioneer Kit (CY8CKIT-042-Bluetooth Low Energy-A)
Register for a free Bluetooth Low Energy hands-on workshop or watch the online video tutorial
All PSoC 4 Bluetooth Low Energy devices support Over-The-Air (OTA) Firmware Upgrade. Refer the OTA Firmware Upgrade Guide for details.
PSoC 4 Bluetooth Low Energy devices are available in:
- Standard QFN packages with ample GPIOs for any application
- Small-form factor chip scale packages (CSP) for space constrained applications
- Ultra-thin chip scale package (CSP) for banking applications like secure credit cards
- Extended industrial temperature range for industrial and lighting applications