Cypress’ PAG1S is a single-chip, secondary-side controller targeted towards mobile chargers that integrates a synchronous rectification driver, PD controller, and a wide range of protection circuits. The controller is flexibly designed to support a traditional primary-controlled flyback architecture, as well as a more-efficient secondary-controlled flyback architecture with a simple primary start-up controller. PAG1S helps you to design leading-class, high-performance mobile chargers at reduced BOM costs.
PAG1S is targeted for USB-C mobile chargers and fits well into high-efficiency AC-DC flyback designs for USB Power Delivery (including PPS), Qualcomm Quick Charge, and other popular charging protocols. PAG1S is an ideal solution if you are designing a:
- USB PD 3.0 PPS mobile charger
- QC 4+ Mobile charger
- Mobile chargers supporting both USB PD and legacy charging
EZ-PD™ PAG1S Product Features:
- USB PD 3.0 with PPS and QC4.0+
- Works with both primary-side controlled and secondary- side controlled fly back designs
- Integrates secondary-side regulation, synchronous rectifier (SR), and charging port controller
- Higher-efficiency across line and load levels with better CC/CV loop control
- Supports Quasi-Resonant (QR) or Critical Conduction Mode (CrCM), valley switching, Discontinuous Conduction Mode (DCM), and burst mode for light load operations
- Switching frequency range of 20KhZ to 150kHZ
- Supports USB PD2.0, PD 3.0 with PPS, QC4+, QC 4.0, QC 3.0,QC 2.0, Samsung AFC, Apple charging, and BC v1.2 charging protocols
- Supports Constant Voltage (CV) and Constant Current (CC) modes of operation.
- Configurable overvoltage protection (OVP), undervoltage protection (UVP), overcurrent protection (OCP), short circuit protection (SCP), and over-temperature protection (OTP)
- Integrates low-side current sense amplifier (LSCSA), 2x VBUS discharge FETs, and a NFET gate driver to drive the load switch.
- Available in a 24 QFN (4x4) package
For more details, please contact your local Cypress Sales team.