EZ-PD™ CCG3PA is Cypress’s USB Type-C and Power Delivery controller targeting Power Adapter, Mobile Charger, Car charger and Power Banks. CCG3PA supports Power Delivery 3.0, Quick Charge 4.0, integrated VBUS-to-CC short protection, 30V-tolerant regulator, high-voltage PFET gate drivers, VBUS Over-Voltage and Over-Current Protection, and ESD protection.
CCG3PA supports Downstream Facing Port (DFP), Upstream Facing Port (UFP), and Dual Role Port (DRP) and fully supports the Power Delivery 3.0 Programmable Power Supply specification. CCG3PA is a programmable solution with 64KB flash for firmware upgrade.
Cypress has USB Type-C and Power Delivery reference designs readily available online for various applications which can be used to speed up the design cycle.
Please click here for EZ-PD CCGx Power Software Development Kit (SDK) support for CCG3PA.
Please click here for EZ-PD Software Development Kit.
EZ-PD™ CCG3PA Product Features
- USB Type-C and Power Delivery 3.0 Programmable Power Supply
- 2x Legacy/Proprietary Charging Blocks: BC v1.2, Apple Charging, Qualcomm Charging 4.0, Samsung AFC
- Integrated Digital Blocks
- Four timers, counters and PWMs and up to 12 GPIOs
- Two SCBs for configurable master/slave I2C, SPI or UART
- Integrated Analog Blocks
- 30V-tolerant regulator
- VBUS-to-CC short protection
- Integrated Voltage (VBUS) Regulation and Current Sense Amplifier
- Two high-voltage PFET gate drivers
- Two VBUS discharge NFET
- System-Level Fault Protection
- On-chip OVP, OCP, UVP, and SCP
- Supports OTP through integrated ADC circuit
- 32-bit MCU Subsystem
- ARM Cortex-M0 CPU
- 64KB Flash
- 8KB SRAM
- Packages: 24-pin QFN and 16-pin SOIC
- Supports extended industrial temperature range (–40 °C to +105 °C)