Spansion and Sensoplex Launch High-Performance, Low-Power Wearable Development Platform | Cypress Semiconductor
Spansion and Sensoplex Launch High-Performance, Low-Power Wearable Development Platform
Enables Developers to Rapidly Develop New Wearables with Multi-Axis Sensors, Bluetooth Low Energy and ANT+; Demonstration at CES
SUNNYVALE, Calif., Dec. 16, 2014 -- Spansion Inc. (NYSE: CODE), a global leader in embedded systems solutions and Sensoplex, a world leader in the design and production of high performance wearable devices for sports, fitness, wellness and mHealth companies, today announced a partnership to jointly develop and market an evaluation and development kit platform (EVK and SDK) that will allow customers to quickly develop innovative wearable applications that can combine inertial, bio and environmental sensors, Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE), and ANT+ wireless protocols with ultra low-power processing. The companies will demonstrate the solution at CES, South Hall 2, Spansion booth MP25471.
The platform includes the following:
- Spansion FM3 microcontrollers with low-power management for battery-powered applications
- Spansion FL-S serial Flash memory at 256Mb, which is ideal for small packaging and low power to store raw or processed sensor data.
- Sensoplex PDI air interface for wireless data communications over BLE or ANT+
- Sensoplex APIs for customer firmware development
- Sample apps for Android and iOS with source code to aid in quick app development
- Additional Sensoplex design and manufacturing services
- FCC and CE certification, speeding time to market
"Spansion's portfolio of low-power and high-performance MCUs, flash memory and energy harvesting products are uniquely suited for our customers to provide a broad range of competitive solutions for the wearable market, " said Dhiraj Handa, senior vice president and general manager, Spansion's Multi-Market Microcontroller Business. "Our partnership with Sensoplex provides key hardware and SDK building blocks that enable customers to deploy a wide range of wearable products while greatly reducing complex system-level design and time to market."
"Our passion is to create tools and platforms that accelerate our customers' ability to bring the greatest products to the market," said Hamid Farzaneh, Sensoplex Founder and CEO. "Our partnership with Spansion will deliver new levels of innovation in the wearables market."
- Spansion newsroom: http://news.spansion.com
- Spansion Core & Code technical magazine and blog: http://core.spansion.com
- Spansion Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/spansion
- Spansion on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/spansion
- Spansion on LinkedIn http://www.linkedin.com/company/spansion
Spansion (NYSE: CODE) is a global leader in embedded systems solutions. Spansion's flash memory, microcontrollers, analog and mixed-signal products drive the development of faster, intelligent, secure and energy efficient electronics. Spansion is at the heart of electronics systems, connecting, controlling, storing and powering everything from automotive electronics and industrial systems to the highly interactive and immersive consumer devices that are enriching people's daily lives. For more information, visit http://www.spansion.com
Spansion®, the Spansion logo and combinations thereof, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Spansion LLC in the United States and other countries. Other names used are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners. Arm and Cortex are registered trademarks of Arm Limited in the EU and other countries.
 Ant+ is an interoperability function that can be added to the base ANT protocol (an open access multicast wireless sensor network technology) designed and marketed by the ANT+ Alliance. It encourages interoperability and open-access data between manufacturers of smartphones, remote control systems and wearable devices.
Spansion Press Contact, Michele Landry, 408-616-3817, Michele.email@example.com, Spansion Investor Relations Contact, Rahul Mathur, 408-616-6682, Rahul.firstname.lastname@example.org, Sensoplex Press Contact, email@example.com