SCOPE OF THIS EU WEBSITE PRIVACY SUPPLEMENT
Capitalized terms used in this Supplement will have the same meaning as stated in the Cypress Privacy Statement if not defined here.
Cypress Semiconductor Corporation, 198 Champion Ct., San Jose, Ca 95134, USA, operates Cypress.com and is the controller of any personal information collected or otherwise processed on or through Cypress.com. Each local subsidiary of Cypress located in the European Union is the EU data controller for the personal information directly collected by such entity.
PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR DELIVERING SERVICES TO YOU
PURPOSES AND LEGAL BASES FOR PROCESSING
As a part of engaging with you or with your company or employer in commercial activities, we process your personal information on several different legal bases, as follows:
- Based on contractual necessity when we enter or perform a contract with you or your company. For distribution of our software and hardware products as well as other services such as product training programs or delivery of software and software updates, we need to process your personal information to perform our agreement with you or the legal entity you represent, to perform Cypress’ contractual obligations; to complete transactions and provide technical support for the products we place into the market.
- Based on legitimate interests, we process personal information from you as a necessary activity in pursuing Cypress’ legitimate business interests and those of our customer, commercial partners, distributors and affiliates, including but not limited to:
- for engaging with, completing business and marketing our products and services;
- to protect and defend our partners and distributors rights or property and interests;
- for the security and safety of our information processing and communications systems, computer networks connected to Cypress.com and the users of Cypress.com;
- to detect and prevent fraud;
- to protect and defend Cypress’ rights, property and interests;
- to track your activities on certain areas of our site such as our Developer Community and Software Downloads, and in some cases you to deliver marketing information on our products and services, provided you have not opted out of such data processing.
- Based on compliance with legal obligations we may need to process your personal information to comply with relevant laws, regulatory requirements and to respond to lawful requests, court orders, and legal process and in some cases, this may result in our processing your personal information for a period of time exceeding the time required for the original processing to the extent a law or statute requires such retention.
- Based on your prior consent, we may place cookies, tracking beacons and similar tools on your device (subject to certain exceptions) or send marketing communications about our products and services directly to you.
Processing Activities Related to The Specific Features for Which You Register Are Described Below
PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR SENDING YOU CYPRESS COMMUNICATIONS
If you use services on Cypress.com or register to obtain products or information, we may provide you with information through emails, newsletters or other marketing communications directed to you based on the information you provided at “registration” where and as permitted by law. In all cases, we will verify the authorized use of an email address by sending to such address an email asking for confirmation of the registration with a confirmation “button”. Only once we have confirmed the validity of your registration will it become effective and allow us to send newsletters or similar information to the respective email address. We will always include an “opt out” link in such communications to you and provide a link to allow you to manage your Cypress subscriptions. However, you may revoke your consent to the processing of your personal information any time without having to state a reason.
DATA TRANSFERS TO RECIPIENTS OUTSIDE OF THE EU/EEA
When we are legally entitled to do so, we may forward your personal information to other entities of the Cypress Group or to third parties, especially to selected service providers, distributors, partners, and sales representatives.
Cypress is headquartered in the United States and many of our affiliated companies or third-party service providers are located outside the EU/EEA in jurisdictions that are approved by the EU Commission as providing an adequate level of protection of EU personal information. However, to ensure an adequate level of protection of your personal information, we enter into data processing and data transfer agreements with our affiliated companies and third-party service providers outside of the EU/EEA that, where required, incorporate the provisions of the Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the EU Commission or implement other appropriate safeguards with them.
HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal information is retained only for as long as it is required for the specified purposes, unless there are more extensive statutory or contractual retention obligations (such as retention obligations under commercial and tax law).
YOUR GDPR RIGHTS REGARDING THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The GDPR provides you with the following specific rights to citizens and residents of the 28 Member States of the European Union:
- right of access – you have the right to request information about how your personal information are being processed.
- right to rectification – you have the right to obtain from Cypress the rectification of inaccurate personal information concerning you and to have incomplete personal information about you completed
- right of erasure (aka the right to be forgotten) – you have the right to obtain from Cypress the erasure of personal information concerning you. The right is not absolute and can only be exercised if certain grounds apply (e.g., the original purpose for which the personal information was collected no longer applies, or the processing is unlawful). Even if a ground applies, there are some exemptions available where Cypress does not have to delete the data.
- right to object – you have the right to object to the processing of his personal information which is based on the legitimate interests of Cypress. Cypress will stop the processing unless it can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing that override the interests and rights of the data subject, or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- rights in relation to automated decision-making – you have the right not to have a decision made about you that is based solely on automated processing, if that decision produces legal effects concerning you or significantly affects you. The right is not absolute and does not apply in certain situations.
- right to restriction of processing – you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain limited circumstances (i.e. Cypress is not allowed to process (including delete) the personal information until the restriction is lifted).
- right to data portability – you have the right to receive the personal information concerning you, which you have provided to Cypress based on consent or contract, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and, where technically feasible, you also have the right to request the data be transmitted to another controller without hindrance from Cypress.
- right to be provided with information about the processing – you have the right to be provided with certain information describing how your personal information will be processed (e.g. the purposes for the processing, the person doing the processing and the recipients of the data).
- right to withdraw a consent – you have the right to withdraw your consent provided voluntarily to Cypress concerning certain processing activities of your personal information based on consent at any time with future effect. Consent cannot be withdrawn retroactively, once data has been processed, processing of it cannot be undone.
- right to lodge a complaint – you have the right to lodge a complaint regarding a certain data processing activity of your personal information by contacting the Data Protection Officer (see below) or your responsible supervisory authority.
You may exercise the above mentioned rights by completing the request form and providing proper identification as indicated on the Data Subject Rights Request form located at the end of this Supplement, or by emailing us at email@example.com, even to the extent that such claims relate to the processing of personal information by one or more of the data recipients identified in this Supplement. You also have the right to register a complaint directly with the regulator in your home country.
YOUR SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH US
Your use of Cypress.com and your provision of personal information to us in the process is purely voluntary on your part as part of your professional activity on behalf of your employer’s or your own business interests. Subject to your sole discretion, you can, at any point, cease use of Cypress.com or, where applicable, opt in or out of certain data processing operations while on Cypress.com as described in this Supplement. An exception applies if and to the extent that you want to enter into or perform a contract with us on or through Cypress.com. In this event, providing us with your related personal information is necessary for us to be able to enter into the contract with or provide any contractual services to you.
EFFECTIVE DATE AND CHANGES
This EU Website Privacy Supplement is effective as of May 25, 2018. We may make changes, including material changes, to this Supplement from time to time. You should review the Supplement each time you visit our Site to learn of any changes.
If you have questions about this EU Privacy Supplement, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
The contact information for the company’s Data Protection Officer is provided below:
Cypress Semiconductor Corporation
Data Protection Officer
198 Champion Ct.
San Jose, CA 95134-1709
By e-mail: email@example.com
Download the Data Subject Access Request Form