EZ-PD™ CCG3PA USB-C PPS 39W Dual Port Car Charger (Power Adapter) Reference Design | Cypress Semiconductor
EZ-PD™ CCG3PA USB-C PPS 39W Dual Port Car Charger (Power Adapter) Reference Design
The CCG3PA 39W USB-C/USB-A car charger (power adapter) reference design is a receptacle based USB Type-C PPS power adapter which supports 27W(9V, 3A) max power profile, along with a legacy Type-A port which supports 12W(5V, 2.4A) max power profile. The reference design is DC to DC based design. Major components on the board are Cypress EZ-PD CCG3PA(CYPD3175-24LQXQ) controller and ActiveSemi ACT5101/ACT2861 buck-boost power controller.
CCG3PA regulates the VBUS voltage by controlling the feedback node of the ACT5101/ACT2861 DC-DC controller. CCG3PA monitors and handles fault protection like Over-Voltage, Under-Voltage, Over-Current and Short-Circuit. CCG3PA controls VBUS discharge with integrated discharge resistors. The application firmware for this solution is developed using CCGx Power SDK 3.0.2 and any further customization can be done using the EZ-PD™ Configuration utility. CCG3PA CYPD3175-24LQXQ for this solution is available in 24-QFN package.
Reference Design Features:
- Delivers up to 39W of power to charge USB PD3.0/QC 4.0/Apple charger enabled mobile phones
- Supports USB Power Delivery 3.0 for Programmable Power Supply (PPS)
- Supports Qualcomm Quick Charge (QC) 4.0, AFC and Apple Charging
- Integrates VBUS-to-CC short protection
- Reduces BOM with integrated:
- Feedback amplifier to directly drive DC-DC power controller
- Low-side current sense amplifier
- Legacy charge support on DP/DM lines
- ESD on VBUS, CC and DP/DM
- Integrated P-FETs in the ACT5101/ACT2861 buck-boost power controller
Need help? Ask a question and find answers in the Cypress Developer Community.