CY8CKIT-033A PSoC® 3 MFi (Made for iPod® | iPhone® | iPad®) Digital Audio Development Kit for Lightning™ | Cypress Semiconductor
CY8CKIT-033A PSoC® 3 MFi (Made for iPod® | iPhone® | iPad®) Digital Audio Development Kit for Lightning™
The CY8CKIT-033A PSoC 3 MFi Digital Audio Development Kit for Lightning is available only to licensees of Apple's MFi program, through Apple's authorized MFi component distributor
Cypress’s CY8CKIT-033A PSoC 3 MFi Digital Audio Development Kit for Lightning is the most comprehensive and proven development and reference design platform for bit-perfect consumer audio (speaker docks, FM transmitters, headphones, game controllers) and music creation (pianos/keyboards, guitars, drums, synthesizers, mixers, DJ turntables, microphones, USB audio and MIDI interfaces) accessory products that connect to Apple’s iPod, iPhone and iPad devices, like Sonoma Wire Works’ GuitarJack, TASCAM’s iM2, iM2X and iXJ2 microphones, and many others.
The kit includes license-free reference hardware and firmware that comes very close to a finished product, and is your quickest path to turn your MFi Lightning Digital Audio products from concept to production.
In addition, utilize Cypress’s EA Console iOS app to jump-start development with the External Accessory framework, enabling communication between apps and accessories attached to an Apple iOS device. Also, the CY8CKIT-033A PSoC 3 MFi Digital Audio Development Kit for Lightning works with any.
Core Audio or Core MIDI compatible iOS apps, like Apple’s GarageBand
The CY8CKIT-033A PSoC 3 MFi Digital Audio Development Kit for Lightning is available only to licensees of Apple's MFi program, through Apple’s authorized MFi component distributor.
For more information on the MFi program, visit http://developer.apple.com/MFi.
Contact MFi@cypress.com to discuss your MFi Lightning Digital Audio needs.
- Made for iPod, iPhone and iPad
- Compatible with Lightning and/or 30-pin dock connector
- Compliant with Apple’s MFi Accessory Interface Specification R181
- Mac/PC connectivity via USB
- Self-powered, Apple-device-powered or USB-bus-powered
- Best-in-class USB Audio active power consumption
- USB audio streaming input and output, with patent-pending, bit-perfect USB audio clock synchronization and recovery scheme
- 16-/24-bit audio, 44.1/48 (and up to 96) kHz sampling rate
- USB MIDI input and output
- Compatible with Core Audio and Core MIDI compliant applications
- External Accessory framework for app ↔ accessory communication and interaction
- CapSense buttons and slider (e.g., audio playback and MIDI controls)
- Integrated over-current protection for iPad charging
- Multiple bootloader options (MFi, USB, etc) for seamless firmware upgrades
- Compatible with Android (USB MIDI, limited USB Audio)
- Expansion header for prototyping and development purposes
- Component/Composite video output
- Multichannel Audio ready with multiple I2S interfaces
- MEMS Microphone interface (PDM, I2S, Analog) ready
- CY8CKIT-033A PSoC 3 MFi Digital Audio Development Kit for Lightning
- CY8CKIT-002 PSoC MiniProg3 Program and Debug Kit
- 2 x 3.5mm audio cables
- Quick Start Guide
1 The latest version of the iAP2 component provided by Cypress supports Apple Authentication coprocessor 2.0C and Apple’s MFi Accessory Interface Specification R18 (version 18).
Apple Authentication coprocessor 2.0C was deprecated in 2019. This is replaced by version 3.0 of the chip. Apple Authentication coprocessor 3.0 is supported by Apple’s MFi Accessory Interface Specification R32 (version 32). Please contact MFi@cypress.com to request for the iAP2 component. Customers are expected to self-update the component to add support for Authentication coprocessor 3.0 and compliance with Apple’s MFi Accessory Interface Specification R32 (version 32).
|PSoC Creator||This kit requires PSoC Creator for development|
|PSoC Programmer||This kit requires PSoC Programmer for programming|
Apple, iPod, iPhone and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Lightning is a trademark of Apple Inc.