CY3631 WirelessUSB(TM) Manufacturing Test Kit | Cypress Semiconductor
CY3631 WirelessUSB(TM) Manufacturing Test Kit
The CY3631 Wireless USB(TM) Manufacturing Test Kit (MTK) is an automated platform that enables customers to quickly test their WirelessUSB-enabled products without the need for expensive RF test equipment. An efficient, cost-effective methodology to reduce defect rate and enhance end-customer satisfaction, the MTK provides developers with the necessary intellectual property and a portion of the hardware to test wireless devices, without needing any prior radio experience.
The MTK allows developers to seamlessly conduct testing in a manufacturing environment. The kit is designed to be integrated into the test flow and simulate a limit-of-operation condition using shielded Test Fixture and enclosure, preventing interference between multiple units that may be on the test floor simultaneously.
An industry's first, the CY3631 takes the headaches out of RF fabrication, improves manufacturing productivity, and ensures outgoing quality.
The MTK contains the following items:
- MTK Test Fixture
- 12" SMA to SMA coaxial cable
- 24" SMA to SMA coaxial cable
- SMA-F to SMA-F adapter
- (6) Fixed 50 ohm attenuators, various values
- SMA 2.4GHz antenna
- Power supply transformer
- CD-ROM with firmware source and documentation
Not included but required for use are the Device Under Test (DUT) and an anechoic RF test chamber, sized appropriately for the DUT, with SMA pass-through connectors.
Optional, not included, equipment includes:
- A variable 50-ohm attenuator for calibration
- An SMA torque wrench
- A computer to download configuration and/or test start commands and, optionally, log test results
- An RS-232 serial cable or USB-to-serial adapter cable for connecting the computer to the 9-pin D connector of the MTK Test Fixture