FM25C160B: 16-Kbit (2 K × 8) Serial (SPI) Automotive F-RAM | Cypress Semiconductor
FM25C160B: 16-Kbit (2 K × 8) Serial (SPI) Automotive F-RAM
16-Kbit (2 K × 8) Serial (SPI) Automotive F-RAM
- 16-Kbit ferroelectric random access memory (F-RAM) logically organized as 2 K × 8
- Very fast serial peripheral interface (SPI)
- Sophisticated write protection scheme
- Low power consumption
- Voltage operation: VDD = 4.5 V to 5.5 V
- Automotive-E temperature: –40 °C to +125 °C
- 8-pin small outline integrated circuit (SOIC) package
- AEC Q100 Grade 1 compliant
- Restriction of hazardous substances (RoHS) compliant
- For more, see pdf.
The FM25C160B is a 16-Kbit nonvolatile memory employing an advanced ferroelectric process. A ferroelectric random access memory or F-RAM is nonvolatile and performs reads and writes similar to a RAM. It provides reliable data retention for 121 years while eliminating the complexities, overhead, and system level reliability problems caused by serial flash, EEPROM, and other nonvolatile memories.