CYBLE-222014-01: EZ-BLE™ Creator Bluetooth 4.2 Module | Cypress Semiconductor
CYBLE-222014-01: EZ-BLE™ Creator Bluetooth 4.2 Module
The Cypress CYBLE-222014-01 is a fully certified and qualified module supporting Bluetooth® Low Energy 4.2 wireless communication. The CYBLE-222014-01 is a turnkey solution and includes onboard crystal oscillators, chip antenna, passive components, and Cypress PSoC 4 Bluetooth LE. Refer to the PSoC 4 Bluetooth LE datasheet for additional details on the capabilities of the Bluetooth LE device used on this module.
The CYBLE-222014-01 supports a number of peripheral functions (ADC, timers, counters, PWM) and serial communication protocols (I2C, UART, SPI) through its programmable architecture. The CYBLE-222014-01 includes a royalty-free Bluetooth LE stack compatible with Bluetooth 4.2 and provides up to 16 GPIOs in a small 10 × 10 × 1.80 mm package.
The CYBLE-222014-01 is drop-in compatible with the CYBLE-022001-00 (128KB BT 4.1) and CYBLE-222005-00 (256KB BT 4.1).
- Module size: 10.0 mm ×10.0 mm × 1.80 mm (with shield)
- 256-KB flash memory, 32-KB SRAM memory
- Up to 16 GPIOs configurable as open drain high/low, Pull-up/pull-down, HI-Z analog, HI-Z digital, or strong output
- Eight-channel direct memory access (DMA) controller
- 32-bit processor (0.9 DMIPS/MHz) with single-cycle 32-bit multiply, operating at up to 48 MHz
- Industrial temperature range: –40 °C to +85 °C
- Watchdog timer with dedicated internal low-speed oscillator (ILO)
- Two-pin SWD for programming
- Bluetooth 4.2 qualified single-mode module
- Certified to FCC, CE, MIC, KC, and ISED regulations. Refer to KBA97094 for RF certification test reports.
- TX output power: –18 dbm to +3 dbm
- Received signal strength indicator (RSSI) with 1-dB resolution
- TX current consumption of 15.6 mA (radio only, 0 dbm)
- RX current consumption of 16.4 mA (radio only)
- Low power mode support
- Deep Sleep: 1.3 µA with watch crystal oscillator (WCO) on
- Hibernate: 150 nA with SRAM retention
- Stop: 60 nA with XRES wakeup
- Up to 15 capacitive sensors for buttons or sliders with best-in-class signal-to-noise ration (SNR) and liquid tolerance
- 12-bit, 1-Msps SAR ADC with internal reference, sample-and-hold (S/H), and channel sequencer
- Two serial communication blocks (SCBs) supporting I2C (master/slave), SPI (master/slave), or UART
- Four dedicated 16-bit timer, counter, or PWM blocks (TCPWMs)
- Programmable low-voltage detect (LVD) from 1.8 V to 4.5 V
- I2S master interface
- Bluetooth Low Energy protocol stack supporting generic access profile (GAP) Central, Peripheral, Observer, or Broadcaster roles
- Switches between Central and Peripheral roles on-the-go
- Standard Bluetooth Low Energy profiles and services for interoperability
- Custom profile and service for specific use cases
CYBLE-222014-EVAL EZ-BLE™ Creator BT 4.2 Evaluation Board to evaluate and develop applications on the EZ-BLE Creator BT 4.2 Module.
Dear valued customer,
Thank you for choosing our products. They come with all the know-how and passion that our engineers have put into it. As you probably already know, Cypress is now Infineon. This is a major step for our company, but also for the good of you.
Reliability and business continuity are of utmost importance for us. Hence, we remain fully committed to honoring existing customer and distributor relationships. This includes offering the legacy Cypress product portfolio. We thank you very much for your trusting support.
For the full version of this message, please download the PDF version.