CY25561: Spread Spectrum Clock Generator | Cypress Semiconductor
CY25561: Spread Spectrum Clock Generator
Spread Spectrum Clock Generator
- 50 to 166 MHz Operating Frequency Range
- Wide Range of Spread Selections: 9
- Accepts Clock and Crystal Inputs
- Low Power Dissipation
- 70 mW-Typ at 66 MHz
- Frequency Spread Disable Function
- Center Spread Modulation
- Low Cycle-to-cycle Jitter
- 8-pin SOIC Package
CY25561 is a spread spectrum clock generator (SSCG) IC used to reduce electromagnetic Interference (EMI) found in today's high speed digital electronic systems.
CY25561 uses a Cypress proprietary phase-locked loop (PLL) and spread spectrum clock (SSC) technology to synthesize and frequency modulate the input frequency of the reference clock. By doing this, the measured EMI at the fundamental and harmonic frequencies of clock (SSCLK) is reduced.