CY14V256LA: 256-Kbit (32 K x 8) nvSRAM | Cypress Semiconductor
CY14V256LA: 256-Kbit (32 K x 8) nvSRAM
256-Kbit (32 K × 8) nvSRAM
- 35 ns access time
- Internally organized as 32 K × 8
- Hands off automatic STORE on power down with only a small capacitor
- STORE to QuantumTrap nonvolatile elements initiated by software, device pin, or AutoStore on power down
- RECALL to SRAM initiated by software or power up
- Infinite read, write, and recall cycles
- 1 million STORE cycles to QuantumTrap
- 20 year data retention
- Core VCC = 3.0 V to 3.6 V; I/O VCCQ = 1.65 V to 1.95 V
- Industrial temperature
- 48-ball fine-pitch ball grid array (FBGA) package
- Pb-free and restriction of hazardous substances (RoHS) compliance
The Cypress CY14V256LA is a fast static RAM, with a nonvolatile element in each memory cell. The memory is organized as 32 K bytes of 8 bits each. The embedded nonvolatile elements incorporate QuantumTrap technology, producing the world’s most reliable nonvolatile memory. The SRAM provides infinite read and write cycles, while independent nonvolatile data resides in the highly reliable QuantumTrap cell. Data transfers from the SRAM to the nonvolatile elements (the STORE operation) takes place automatically at power down. On power-up, data is restored to the SRAM (the RECALL operation) from the nonvolatile memory. Both the STORE and RECALL operations are also available under software control.
Dear valued customer,
Thank you for choosing our products. They come with all the know-how and passion that our engineers have put into it. As you probably already know, Cypress is now Infineon. This is a major step for our company, but also for the good of you.
Reliability and business continuity are of utmost importance for us. Hence, we remain fully committed to honoring existing customer and distributor relationships. This includes offering the legacy Cypress product portfolio. We thank you very much for your trusting support.
For the full version of this message, please download the PDF version.