CY14B256KA: 256-Kbit (32 K × 8) nvSRAM with Real Time Clock | Cypress Semiconductor
CY14B256KA: 256-Kbit (32 K × 8) nvSRAM with Real Time Clock
- 256-Kbit nonvolatile static random access memory (nvSRAM)
- 25 ns and 45 ns access times
- Internally organized as 32 K × 8 (CY14B256KA)
- Hands off automatic STORE on power-down with only a small capacitor
- STORE to QuantumTrap nonvolatile elements is initiated by software, hardware, or AutoStore on power-down
- RECALL to SRAM initiated on power-up or by software
- High reliability
- Infinite Read, Write, and RECALL cycles
- 1 million STORE cycles to QuantumTrap
- 20 year data retention
- Real time clock (RTC)
- Full-featured real time clock
- Watchdog timer
- Clock alarm with programmable interrupts
- Capacitor or battery backup for RTC
- Backup current of 0.35 μA (Typ)
- Industry standard configurations
- Single 3 V +20%, –10% operation
- Industrial temperature
- 48-pin shrink small-outline package (SSOP)
- Pb-free and Restriction of hazardous substances (RoHS) compliant
The Cypress CY14B256KA combines a 256-Kbit nonvolatile static RAM with a full featured real time clock in a monolithic integrated circuit. The embedded nonvolatile elements incorporate QuantumTrap technology producing the world’s most reliable nonvolatile memory. The SRAM is read and written an infinite number of times, while independent nonvolatile data resides in the nonvolatile elements.
The real time clock function provides an accurate clock with leap year tracking and a programmable, high accuracy oscillator. The alarm function is programmable for periodic minutes, hours, days, or months alarms. There is also a programmable watchdog timer for process control.
Dear valued customer,
Thank you for choosing our products. They come with all the know-how and passion that our engineers have put into it. As you probably already know, Cypress is now Infineon. This is a major step for our company, but also for the good of you.
Reliability and business continuity are of utmost importance for us. Hence, we remain fully committed to honoring existing customer and distributor relationships. This includes offering the legacy Cypress product portfolio. We thank you very much for your trusting support.
For the full version of this message, please download the PDF version.