CY14B116K, CY14B116M: 16-Mbit (2048 K × 8/1024 K × 16) nvSRAM with Real Time Clock | Cypress Semiconductor
CY14B116K, CY14B116M: 16-Mbit (2048 K × 8/1024 K × 16) nvSRAM with Real Time Clock
- 16-Mbit nonvolatile static random access memory (nvSRAM)
- 25-ns and 45-ns access times
- Internally organized as 2048 K × 8 (CY14B116K), 1024 K × 16 (CY14B116M)
- Hands-off automatic STORE on power-down with only a small capacitor
STORE to QuantumTrap nonvolatile elements is initiated by software, device pin, or AutoStore on power-down
- RECALL to SRAM initiated by software or power-up
- High reliability
- Infinite read, write, and RECALL cycles
- 1 million STORE cycles to QuantumTrap
- Data retention: 20 years
- Sleep mode operation
- Full-featured real time clock (RTC)
- Watchdog timer
- Clock alarm with programmable interrupts
- Backup power fail indication
- Square wave output with programmable frequency (1 Hz, 512 Hz, 4096 Hz, 32.768 kHz)
- Capacitor or battery backup for RTC
- Backup current of 0.45 μA (typical)
- Low power consumption
- Active current of 75 mA at 45 ns
- Standby mode current of 750 μA
- Sleep mode current of 10 μA
- Operating voltage: VCC = 2.7 V to 3.6 V
- Industrial temperature: –40 °C to +85 °C
- 44-pin thin small-outline package (TSOP II)
- 54-pin thin small-outline package (TSOP II)
- 165-ball fine-pitch ball grid array (FBGA) package
- Restriction of hazardous substances (RoHS) compliant
The Cypress CY14B116K/CY14B116M combines a 16-Mbit nvSRAM with a full-featured RTC in a monolithic integrated circuit. The nvSRAM is a fast SRAM with a nonvolatile element in each memory cell. The memory is organized as 2048 K bytes of 8 bits each or 1024 K words of 16 bits each. The embedded nonvolatile elements incorporate the QuantumTrap technology, producing the world’s most reliable nonvolatile memory. The SRAM can be read and written an infinite number of times. The nonvolatile data residing in the nonvolatile elements do not change when data is written to the SRAM. Data transfers from the SRAM to the nonvolatile elements (the STORE operation) takes place automatically at power-down. On power-up, data is restored to the SRAM (the RECALL operation) from the nonvolatile memory. Both the STORE and RECALL operations are also available under software control.
The RTC function provides an accurate clock with leap year tracking and a programmable, high-accuracy oscillator. The alarm function is programmable for periodic minutes, hours, days, or months alarms. There is also a programmable watchdog timer.
Dear valued customer,
Thank you for choosing our products. They come with all the know-how and passion that our engineers have put into it. As you probably already know, Cypress is now Infineon. This is a major step for our company, but also for the good of you.
Reliability and business continuity are of utmost importance for us. Hence, we remain fully committed to honoring existing customer and distributor relationships. This includes offering the legacy Cypress product portfolio. We thank you very much for your trusting support.
For the full version of this message, please download the PDF version.