RS-CY8C001-220X - 802.11abgn Wi-Fi Expansion Board Kit for PSoC - From Redpine Signals | Cypress Semiconductor
RS-CY8C001-220X - 802.11abgn Wi-Fi Expansion Board Kit for PSoC - From Redpine Signals
Redpine Signals, Inc.
2107 North First Street, Suite# 680
San Jose, CA 95131-2019
- Expansion board designed to work with the Cypress PSoC3® and PSoC5® development kits that have an expansion connector
- Based on the Redpine Signals’ Connect-io-n™ module - RS9110-N-11-22
- Fully self-contained IEEE 802.11bgn based wireless device server
- Includes all the protocol and configurations functions for WLAN connectivity in Open and Secure modes of operation
- Payload data through Serial Interface and SPI
- Terminates TCP and UDP connections, and offers transparent serial modem functionality
- Integrated antenna, frequency reference and low-frequency clock
- Ultra-low-power operation with power-save modes
- Ad-hoc and infrastructure modes for maximum deployment flexibility
- Single supply – 3.1 to 3.6V operation
The RS-CY8C001-220X Wi-Fi Expansion Board Kit (EBK) is an expansion board that is designed to work with the Cypress PSoC3® and PSoC5® development kits that have an expansion connector – CY8CKIT-001 (PSoC3/5), CY8CKIT-030 (PSoC3) and CY8CKIT-050 (PSoC5). It allows you to evaluate PSoC’s Wi-Fi interface capability by designing your own projects with an easy-to-use Wi-Fi component in Cypress's PSoC Creator™, or altering sample projects provided with this kit.
The Wi-Fi EBK is based on the Redpine Signals’ Connect-io-n™ module, RS9110-N-11-22, which is a complete IEEE 802.11bgn based wireless device server that directly provides a wireless interface to any equipment with a serial or SPI interface for data transfer. It integrates a MAC, baseband processor, RF transceiver with power amplifier, a frequency reference, and an antenna in hardware; and all WLAN protocol and configuration functionality, networking stack in embedded firmware to make a fully self-contained 802.11n WLAN solution for a variety of applications. The card integrates Wi-Fi functionality into the PSoC development environment in the same manner as any other PSoC component. It plugs into PortB of the CY8CKIT-001 development kit for PSoC 3 and PSoC5 from Cypress . The EBK is intended to provide an embedded systems designer with a simple-to-use kit which allows him to add 802.11n Wi-Fi connectivity to the PSoC 3/5 devices in the shortest time possible.
Embedded systems addressing applications in the industrial, medical, home automation, and consumer markets increasingly use Wi-Fi as the means of connectivity. PSoC is an ideal platform for the implementation of these devices – offering a variety of analog and digital interfaces, computing power, and programmable hardware all integrated into an easy-to-use development environment. With the addition of a Wi-Fi interface as a configurable component in the PSoC Creator™ environment, embedded system designers now have a comprehensive platform to develop products that would be part of the emerging ‘Internet of Things’ or ‘Machine to Machine’ interfaces.