Custom Human Machine Interfaces (Industrial Projected Capacitive Touchscreen) - From Clicktouch | Cypress Semiconductor
Custom Human Machine Interfaces (Industrial Projected Capacitive Touchscreen) - From Clicktouch
Legen Heirweg 37
- Clicktouch standard industrial projected capacitive touchscreens designed for “harsh” environment (Industrial, Medical applications) supporting thick overlay, water and glove operations available:
- For most common industrial LCD models in 3.5”, 4.3”, 5.7”, 7”, 8.5”, 10.4”, 12.1” and 15” (these will be further expanded)
- For full customized design
- Support multi-gesture detection
- 2 technologies: self capacitance and mutual capacitance
- Clicktouch controller
- Based on Cypress TrueTouch® Touchscreen controllers
- Chip on tail / Chip on PCB
The Clicktouch Standard Solution is a complete working package with the following items:
Glass, PMMA, Polycarbonate
Can be supplied by customer or by Clicktouch
Lamination can be performed by Clicktouch
Standard ITO-Foils by Clicktouch are from 3.5” to 15”
Clicktouch controller based on Cypress PSoC®
HEX-file to program the chip
Chip on tail / chip on board
Self capacitance and mutual capacitance
I2C and USB
Integration of LCD can be done by Clicktouch
Clicktouch delivers you a total solution, which means a guaranteed and proved solution. There’s also a possibility to integrate our touchscreen in your carrier plate. Clicktouch is taking care of all these items: Overlay, lamination, ITO-foil, Clicktouch-Controller, Firmware (Hex-file), and will assure the working with your LCD and housing! The biggest advantage of this solution is the user-friendliness.
All these items could also be bought separated and could even be updated to the demands of the customer
- Flexible single chip controller ideal as technology platform both for Capacitive Sensor and Project Capacitive ITO sensor scalable from low (3”) up to mid (10”) diagonal screen (leveraging the large I/O pin count).
- Integrated USB and I2C interface option make it versatile for embedded and embedded PC applications.
- Availability for the full swing (5V / Vcc) capsense voltage range makes the design very robust.
- Optimal SNR enables tick overlay (up to 6mm glass) support widely needed for industrial, medical and automotive applications.
- Integrated IDAC availability allows the implementation of several design features like self calibration (system auto tuning) for easy system tuning to design changes, production tolerances and variances. The same enables a dynamic finger threshold providing an equalized user experience to different finger sizes while providing glove operation support.
- The PSoC flexibility did allow for a CapSense-like user design approach for Force sensor creating an homogenous design environment for all sensor solutions.
- Key functions of Cypress chip:
- Host communication using I2C, USB, SPI…
- Scanning of the sensor and processing of the raw data
- Auto tuning and auto threshold calculation
- Generating interrupts for host
- Adjustment possible of default parameters stored in flash for customer tuning