Introducing AnyCloud: Flexible Cloud-Connected Solution | Cypress Semiconductor
Introducing AnyCloud: Flexible Cloud-Connected Solution
Our AnyCloud solution was built for customers with their own cloud back end, whether hosted on AWS, Google, Azure, AliCloud or any other cloud infrastructure, allowing them to bring high-quality, differentiated products to market faster and cheaper.
The AnyCloud solution is flexible and does not tie you to a specific cloud management solution. AnyCloud leverages the ModusToolbox® Project Creator and Library Manager tools to help you get started with the basics and leaves you free to optimize the application any way you please.
In the latest release, AnyCloud provides great new features, such as the Wi-Fi Connection Manager, a Secure Socket layer, support for the MQTT protocol, Bluetooth Low Energy functionality, and Low Power Assist.
Let’s dive into some of the new features below:
- AnyCloud Wireless Connection Manager (WCM)
- The WCM makes Wi-Fi connections easier and more reliable. Firstly, it implements WPS to simplify the secure connection of a device to access points (AP). This enables applications to store the credentials in non-volatile memory so that future connections are just automatic whenever the AP is available. Secondly, it provides a monitoring service to detect problems and keep connections alive, improving the reliability of your products and leaving you free to work on the important stuff - your application.
- AnyCloud Secure Socket API
- Networking software is tricky. Secure networking software is even trickier! So, we have created a secure socket API that makes it all much easier. The AnyCloud core library already includes Mbed TLS to enable the creation of secure connections, but with the addition of our secure sockets library that abstracts away a lot of the TLS complexity, you can now build secure applications without having to earn a degree in cryptography first!
- Over-The-Air (OTA) Bootloading over MQTT
- The AnyCloud OTA toolkit is an extensible solution that can be modified to work with any third-party or custom IoT device management software. Rapidly create efficient and reliable OTA schemes that perfectly match the needs of your cloud solution.
- Bluetooth Low Energy
- In addition to the great Wi-Fi support in AnyCloud, you can now use the Bluetooth LE functionality in the 43xxx combo device to implement a network introducer. Our carefully designed and well-documented code example shows you how to safely and quickly connect a wireless device to a Wi-Fi network using BLE to select the network and enter the password.
- Low Power Assistant (LPA)
- Cypress LPA is a library and associated configurator that allow you to configure a PSoC 6 Host and WLAN (Wi-Fi / BT Radio) device for optimized low-power operation. With LPA you can achieve the most aggressive power budgets by placing the host device into sleep or deepsleep modes while networks are quiet or handling traffic that can be handled on the connectivity device.
The AnyCloud solution provides core functionality – connectivity, security, firmware upgrade support, and application layer protocols like MQTT – but is flexible so you can modify or extend it to match your needs. We built this solution, which combines best-in-class MCU and Wireless functionality, to help you build differentiated products your way.
Want more information on AnyCloud? Check out our Community to learn more and connect with our engineers.