Digital Filter | Cypress Semiconductor
Cypress's PSoC programmable system-on-chip architecture gives you the freedom to not only design revolutionary new products, but also the capability to get those products to market faster than anyone else. PSoC integrates more signal conditioning and signal processing functionality than any other mixed-signal embedded solution available.
The PSoC Digital Filter
PSoC 3 & PSoC 5's hardware filtering engine can deliver fast, high order, high accuracy filters. The latest version of PSoC Creator's Filter component makes the design process easy. It introduces new features that expand the selection of filter types and enhance the capabilities of the filtering hardware.
MCU's Can't, PSoC Can
- Dedicated 24bit digital filtering hardware offloads filtering tasks from the CPU.
- Far higher filtering performance that is possible from any CPU-only solution, with single-cycle MAC and address-generation hardware running at up to 67MHz.
- Coefficient values and sequence are automatically optimized for best achievable dynamic range.
- Like all other PSoC Creator components, API functions are pre-written for the Filter component - all the user has to do is to call those functions. There is no need for the code to interact at the lowest levels of hardware.
Discover the Power of PSoC Creator
One of the biggest advantages of the PSoC Filter comes from the flexibility that PSoC Creator provides:
- Using PSoC Creator makes finding information regarding the part extremely easy. By simply right clicking on the Filter component, one can find all the necessary information through its data sheet.
- Like all PSoC Creator components, the APIs are pre-written so all the user has to do is use the function calls provided.
- This powerful tool allows for data from the Filter to be transferred to on-board RAM, to a communication component, or the MCU core. DMA transfer capability allows operation at the full sample rates of PSoC 3 and PSoC 5's built-in ADCs.
- Easy drag-and-drop addition of powerful hardware digital filters to your PSoC Creator project schematics.
- Two independent filter channels, each of which can have up to four separately designed FIR or IIR stages in series
- Use either built-in standard FIR and IIR (Biquad) filter types or enter your own filter coefficients for maximum flexibility.
- Final hardware-optimized coefficient values can be extracted for further analysis
For more information on the PSoC Creator Filter component, please see it's datasheet. The datasheet contains complete information on the Filter and how it can be used in your design.
The Filter Wizard Blog on cypress.com
A blog addressing filter design, as well as debunking a few analog design myths and perhaps, creating a little controversy along the way!
PSoC® 3 and PSoC® 5 are true programmable embedded system-on-chips which integrate configurable analog and digital peripherals, memory and a microcontroller all on a single chip. These breakthrough architectures boost performance through:
- Integrated high-precision 20-bit resolution analog
- Ultra low power with industry’s widest voltage range
- Programmable PLD-based logic
- Single-Cycle 8051 core up to 67 MHz (PSoC 3) or 32-bit ARM® Cortex™-M3 CPU up to 67 MHz (PSoC 5)
Software and Drivers
- PSoC Creator
PSoC Creator is a state-of-the-art software development IDE combined with a revolutionary graphical design editor to form a uniquely powerful hardware/software co-design environment.
- PSoC Designer
PSoC Designer is the revolutionary Integrated Design Environment (IDE) that you can use to customize PSoC to meet your specific application requirements. PSoC Designer software accelerates system bring-up and time-to-market.