Hands-On Training Workshop: Get WICED Smart with Nebula | Cypress Semiconductor
Hands-On Training Workshop: Get WICED Smart with Nebula
FREE Hands-On Training Workshop: 'Get WICED Smart with Nebula'
With the market for the Internet of Things (IoT) expanding at a remarkably rapid rate, it is essential to get your Products connected. This hands-on training workshop is designed to equip developers with key technical skills to Develop cloud-connected products, using the Nebula IoT Reference design board, a Wi-Fi and Bluetooth® platform.
Who would benefit from attending this workshop?
This workshop is ideal for design engineers, purchasing decision makers, project managers, developers and technology package designers. Software experience would be beneficial.
What exactly is Nebula?
Nebula is based on:
- Cypress: CYW4343W Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Classic (BR/EDR) / BLE chipset radio
- Cypress: WICED SDK
- Murata: 1DX module
What is WICED?
Cypress' WICED® (Wireless Connectivity for Embedded Devices) is a full-featured platform with proven Software Development Kits (SDKs) and turnkey hardware solutions from partners to readily enable Wi-Fi and Bluetooth® connectivity in system design. It’s the only SDK for the IoT that combines Wi-Fi and Bluetoothinto a single integrated development environment, while leveraging many common industry standards.
By the end of this workshop, you will:
- Learn more about Bluetooth Low Energy, Wi-Fi and Sensor technologies
- Receive an overview on how these technologies work
- Understand how Future Electronics can add value to your Wireless Connectivity designs
- Learn “how to get started” with Nebula
- Learn how to navigate the WICED development environment
- Complete hands-on demos using the Nebula board, WICED and sensor boards
|9:00 AM||Arrival and sign-in|
|9:30 – 10:00 AM||Introduction to Cypress and Future Electronics|
|10:00- 10:30 AM||Cypress Product Updates/ Roadmap:
- Wi-Fi Standard
- Wi-Fi Chips/ Modules
|10:30 – 12:00 PM||Introduction to Nebula Hardware
WICED SDK Tour
|12:00 – 12:30 PM||Lunch Break|
|12:30 – 1:30 PM||Murata Update with Roadmap Discussion|
|1:30- 2:30 PM||Hands-on Lab Session with Nebula and WICED|
|2:30 – 2.45 PM||Break|
|2:45 – 4:00 PM||Hands-on Lab Session with Nebula and WICED continued|
- WICED Software will be provided on USB drive during class set-up period
- However if you wish to download it prior to the class you may do so from here:
- The Nebula reference design board and companion sensor boards will be provided on the day to be used ONLY during the class.
- Attendees will each receive a 25% discount off the cost of the Nebula board (normally $99 USD).
- Please bring your own Windows-based laptop.
For more information on IoT Solutions from Cypress, please go to: http://www.cypress.com/internet-things-iot