Introduction to Cypress IoT Solutions Workshop | Cypress Semiconductor
Introduction to Cypress IoT Solutions Workshop
This hands-on, half day training workshop is designed to address the challenges in developing IoT products and equip engineers with key technical skills to develop cloud-connected products, using:
- BCM943364W WiFi SiP Module
- WICED SDK
- Cloud Services
Challenges that typically need to be solved when developing IoT Products:
- Connectivity challenges (wireless protocols & standards)
- Security & privacy (authentication & encryption)
- Cloud storage, analysis, computing/actions
- Device management, field updates, system scalability
- Mobile platform integration (smartphones & tablets)
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to :
- Navigate the WICED development environment
- Develop a custom application in 5 minutes
- Connect, upload and review data from Cloud serve
9:00 (10 min) Set Up and Install Software
9:10 (10 min) IoT & Cypress Terms
9:30 (30 min) CREATOR and WICED IoT Eco systems
10:00 (15 min Introduction for Kit Hardware
10:15 (30 min) Lab 0: Snip- Scan. Understand how to use code snippets to quickly implement custom applications using common functions. Use the code snippet ‘scan’ to scan for nearby Wi-Fi access points.
10:45 (15min) Break
11:00 (30min) Lab 1: Test Console. Using the WICED SDK to the Make Target and create a new build target to run the Test Console project.
11:30 (30min) Lab 2: Bluemix IoT- Data to the Cloud
12:00 (15 min) Demo 1: Create a Network of Solar-Powered IoT Devices1
12:15 (15 min) Wrap-up
12:30 (15 min) Appendix
WICED Software will be provided on USB drive during class set-up period
BCM943364WCD1_EVB Evaluation and Development Kit will be provided on the day to be used during the class.
Please bring your own Windows-based laptop with at least 2 free USB ports
Register now for an Intro to IoT, Introduction to BLE or Advanced BLE Workshop near you.