PSoC® Creator™ Integrated Design Environment (IDE) | Cypress
PSoC® Creator™ Integrated Design Environment (IDE)
PSoC Creator is an Integrated Design Environment (IDE) that enables concurrent hardware and firmware editing, compiling and debugging of PSoC 3, PSoC 4, PSoC 4 BLE, PRoC BLE and PSoC 5LP systems with no code size limitations. PSoC peripherals are designed using schematic capture and simple graphical user interface (GUI) with over 120 pre-verified, production-ready PSoC Components™.
PSoC Components are analog and digital “virtual chips,” represented by an icon that users can drag-and-drop into a design and configure to suit a broad array of application requirements. Each component in the rich mixed-signal Cypress Component Catalog is configured with a Component Customizer and includes a full set of dynamically generated API libraries. Once the PSoC system has been configured, firmware can be written, compiled, and debugged within PSoC Creator or exported to top 3rd party IDEs from IAR, Keil, and Eclipse.
PSoC systems are energy optimized beyond a typical MCU because PSoC Creator optimizes designs using only the required functionality. Users can create custom PSoC Components using state machine diagrams or Verilog within PSoC Creator to further optimize hardware and energy usage.
PSoC Creator is a free Windows-based IDE that includes:
- Hardware design with complete schematic capture
- Over 120 pre-verified, production-ready PSoC Components
- Full communications library including I2C, USB, UART, SPI, and Bluetooth Low Energy.
- Tools to develop custom components in Verilog or via state machine diagram
- Dynamically generated API libraries
- Integrated C source code compiler and editor
- Built-in debugger