PSoC Creator 3.3 Service Pack 2 (SP2) is an upgrade from the PSoC Creator 3.3 SP1 release.
This release provides support for the following devices and components.
PSoC 4000S and PSoC 4100S Support
The PSoC 4000S and PSoC 4100S product families are members of the PSoC 4 platform architecture. They are a combination of a microcontroller with standard communication and timing peripherals, a capacitive touch-sensing system (CapSense) with best-in-class performance, programmable general purpose continuous-time and switched-capacitor analog blocks, and programmable connectivity. These products are upward compatible with members of the PSoC 4 platform for new applications and design needs.
The following new components have been added to the PSoC Creator component library for this release:
- CSD_Comp_P4 1.0 – This component uses the comparator in the CapSense® Capacitive Sigma-Delta Modulator (CapSense CSD) block to provide a comparator with adjustable reference voltage.
- IDAC7_P4 1.0 – This component provides a programmable current with a resolution of 7 bits.
- PGA_P4 1.0 – This component implements an opamp-based, non-inverting amplifier with user-programmable gain.
- PVREF_P4 1.0 – This component provides an adjustable stable reference voltage for the analog resources in your design.
- Scan_ADC 1.0 – This component is a scanning SAR ADC that can carry out one of up to four complete, pre-defined, accurately-timed scans covering up to 16 flexibly-defined signal channels, without CPU intervention.
- SmartIO 1.0 – This component provides a programmable logic fabric interposed between a General Purpose Input/Output (GPIO) port and the connections to it from various peripherals and UDB sources.
- UAB_VDAC 1.0 – This component is a general-purpose digital-to-analog converter which is monotonic to 11 bits.
This release includes all functionality from previous PSoC Creator version 3.3 releases.
If you already have a version of PSoC Creator 3.3 installed, then your version will be updated to include this service pack release. If you do not already have version 3.3, then the complete PSoC Creator 3.3 Service Pack 2 release will be installed.
This release does not replace existing installed versions of PSoC Creator (e.g., 3.1 or 3.2); it installs alongside them. This enables you to move designs to the new version at your own pace. We guarantee that your existing designs can be opened in the new software, but please upgrade your components to the latest version. To ensure that you can always return to your previous setup, a backup of your project is automatically created when opening a project in a new version of the tool. It is stored in a folder named "backup" in the project’s folder.