Cypress EZ-USB® CX3 enables USB 3.0 connectivity to any image sensor which is compliant with Mobile Industry Processor Interface (MIPI) Camera Serial Interface Type 2 (CSI-2) standard.
CX3 supports 4 data lanes of MIPI CSI-2 input with data speed up to 1Gbps per lane. CX3 supports a wide variety of industry-standard image formats including RAW8/10/12/14, YUV422/444 and RGB888/666/565, making it ideal for HD imaging applications. It is capable of streaming uncompressed video, including:
- 4K UHD video at 15 fps,
- 1080p video at 30 fps and
- 720p video at 60 fps.
CX3 Key Features
- Connectivity: MIPI CSI-2 to USB 3.0 bridge controller with an integrated USB 3.0 PHY
- Bandwidth: 4x CSI-2 lanes, 1 Gbps per lane
- Color Format Support: RAW8/10/12/141, YUV422/4442, RGB888/666/5653
- Camera Protocol: UVC or Proprietary
- Programmability: Fully accessible ARM9 CPU with 200-MHz operation and 512-KB SRAM
- Package Option: 121-ball BGA
Based on the proven EZ-USB FX3 Platform, CX3 includes a fully accessible ARM9 CPU and 512KB SRAM that provides 200 MIPS of computational power. CX3 also supports Camera Control Interface (CCI) for image sensor configuration. CX3's multiple peripheral interfaces such as I2C, SPI, and UART can be programmed to support Pan, Tilt and Zoom or other camera control functions.
CX3 is available in 121 ball BGA package with two options:
(1) CYUSB3064 – 2 MIPI lanes
(2) CYUSB3065 – 4 MIPI lanes.
Accelerate your USB 3.0 design with the SuperSpeed code examples