CY8C20x37 family is the newest ultra low power, 1.8V CapSense solution from Cypress, the world leader in Capacitive Touch Sensing. This family offers up to 31 capacitive sensing inputs to enable buttons, wheels, sliders and proximity sensors. Featuring QuietZone™, this family enhances immunity against radiated and conducted noise. A key component of this technology is the Capacitive Sigma Delta PLUS (CSD PLUS) sensing algorithm delivering superior SNR performance.
The CY8C20x37 family provides up to 5 outputs capable of driven shield to maintain the touch accuracy in wet conditions like mist and water droplets and prevents false triggering in the presence of streaming water. The driven shields also help in expanding proximity distances to up to 30cm without the need for any additional components.
This family is geared towards a broad range of applications ranging from battery-powered applications such as Mobile, Bluetooth Headsets to wall-plugged applications with stringent noise requirements such as White Goods, Small Home Appliances, Printers, LCD TVs and Monitors.
CY8C20x37 is supported in PSoC Designer 5.2 onward
- Up to 31 CapSense I/Os and 6 sliders
- Core Voltage: 1.8V - 5.5V
- Multiple Power Saving Modes
- Standby Current: 1.1 µA
- Deep Sleep Mode: 100 nA
- QuietZone™ technology delivers inherent noise immunity to radiated and conducted noise
- CSD PLUS™ - Cypress` proven sensing algorithm ensures industry’s best SNR
- Proximity Sensing
- Industry’s best Water Tolerant Sensing
- Wide range of interface support: I2C, SPI
- Wide variety of flash sizes: 8K, 16K, 32K
- Wide range of packages: 30-ball WLCSP, 16SOIC, 16QFN (3x3mm) to 48QFN (6x6mm)
Implementing Water tolerant buttons with the CY8C20x37 QuietZone™ Controller
- Introduction of the Water tolerance feature with CY8C20x37 family
- Understanding ease of implementation of water tolerance feature using CY8C20x37
- Benefit of driven shield for water tolerance.
Implementing proximity with the CY8C20x37 QuietZone™ Controller
- Proximity performance of CY8C20x37 family
- Understanding ease of implementation of proximity feature using CY8C20x37
- Enhancing proximity performance by using the driven shield.