The PSoC family consists of many programmable system-on-chips with on-chip controller devices. These devices are designed to replace multiple traditional MCU based system components with one, low cost single chip programmable component. A PSoC device includes configurable analog and digital blocks, and programmable interconnect. This architecture enables the user to create customized peripheral configurations, to match the requirements of each individual application. Additionally, a fast CPU, flash program memory, SRAM data memory, and configurable I/O are included in a range of convenient pinouts.
The PSoC architecture for this device family is comprised of three main areas: core, system resources, and CapSense analog system. A common, versatile bus enables connection between I/O and the analog system. Each CY8C20x24 PSoC device includes a dedicated CapSense block that provides sensing and scanning control circuitry for capacitive sensing applications. Depending on the PSoC package, up to 28 GPIOs are also included.
- 2.4V to 5.5V Core Voltage
- Up to 28 GPIOs: Combination of Buttons, Multi-segment Sliders, Touchpads, Proximity Sensors, LEDs, Other GPIO functions
- I2C and SPI Communication Interfaces
- Wide Variety of Packages : 16QFN(3x3mm) to 32QFN(5x5mm)
- Proximity Sensing
- Patented CSA technology for robust immunity to conducted and radiated noise