Spansion Introduces Industry's Fastest 1.8V High-Speed Serial NOR Flash Memory | Cypress Semiconductor
Spansion Introduces Industry's Fastest 1.8V High-Speed Serial NOR Flash Memory
The Spansion FS-S products offer high densities coupled with the flexibility and fast performance required by a variety of mobile and embedded applications
SUNNYVALE, Calif., March 5, 2015 -- Spansion Inc. (NYSE: CODE), a global leader in embedded systems solutions, today introduced the newest 512Mb density member of the FS-S serial NOR flash family. Spansion's FS-S family boasts the industry's fastest 1.8V serial peripheral interface (SPI) read performance at 80MBytes/s with quad DDR (Double Data Rate) at 80MHz clock speeds, 50% faster than most other high-density 1.8V SPI devices currently available. The FS-S 512Mb device also supports reads operation at 133MHz clock speeds in single, dual, and quad IO mode as well as fast programming throughput of 1.08MB/s.
"The fast read speed and programming throughput, advanced security features and deep power-down mode capability make the FS-S products ideal for mid- to high-end wearables, automotive infotainment and telematics, tolling systems, FPGAs and wireless base stations," stated Anup Sidhu, director of SPI product marketing.
"The product family is an excellent solution for systems with limited space, signal connections and power, as well as for code shadowing to RAM, executing code directly (XIP) and storing reprogrammable data."
Spansion FS-S devices are offered in the industrial (-40C to +85C) and industrial plus (-40C to +105C) temperature ranges. These products reduce the number of signals for connection to the host system by serially transferring all control, address and data information over four to six signals reducing the cost of the memory package and signal switching power, as well as either reducing the host connection count or freeing the host connectors for use in providing other features.
Spansion S25FS512S Key Features:
- Single 1.8V power supply for core and I/O voltage.
- Quad all (QPI, 4-4-4) read mode; all transfers are 4 bits wide, including instructions.
- Extended addressing – 24- or 32-bit address options.
- JEDEC JESD216B standard, Serial Flash Discoverable Parameters (SFDP) that provide device feature and configuration information.
- Configurable initial read latency (number of dummy cycles) for faster initial access time or higher clock rate read commands.
- Evaluate Erase Status command to determine if the last erase operation on a sector completed successfully.
- Advanced Sector Protection (ASP) Permanent Protection. Individual sector protection controlled by boot code or password.
- Unique 128-bit ID for system authentication and additional security.
- Multiple packages supported – 16-pin SOIC (300mil), 8-land WSON 6x8mm and 24-ball BGA 6x8mm.
- Temperature ranges offered: industrial (-40C to +85C) and industrial plus (-40C to +105C).
Spansion S25FS512S is currently sampling and will be fully qualified in April 2015.
- Spansion S25FS512S datasheet: http://www.spansion.com/Support/Datasheets/S25FS512S_00.pdf
- Spansion newsroom: http://news.spansion.com http://www.spansion.com/News
- Spansion Core & Code technical magazine and blog: http://core.spansion.com
- Spansion on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/spansion
- Spansion on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/spansion
- Spansion on LinkedIn http://www.linkedin.com/company/spansion
Spansion (NYSE: CODE) is a global leader in embedded systems solutions. Spansion's flash memory, microcontrollers, analog and mixed-signal products drive the development of faster, intelligent, secure and energy efficient electronics. Spansion is at the heart of electronics systems, connecting, controlling, storing and powering everything from automotive electronics and industrial systems to the highly interactive and immersive consumer devices that are enriching people's daily lives. For more information, visit http://www.spansion.com
Spansion®, the Spansion logo, MirrorBit®, HyperBus, HyperFlash, Traveo and combinations thereof, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Spansion LLC in the United States and other countries. Other names used are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/spansion-introduces-industrys-fastest-18v-high-speed-serial-nor-flash-memory-300045882.html