Spansion Expands High Density Automotive Serial Flash with 125C Operation | Cypress Semiconductor
Spansion Expands High Density Automotive Serial Flash with 125C Operation
SUNNYVALE, Calif., Nov. 6, 2014 -- Spansion Inc. (NYSE: CODE), a global leader in embedded systems solutions, today expanded its automotive grade Serial NOR flash product line. Spansion's FL-S family in 128Mb and 256Mb densities has been qualified for the extended temperature range of -40C to +125C. The added temperature offerings meet Spansion's high standards for quality and performance, which our embedded customers have come to rely on, and complement the existing serial flash memory portfolio, ranging from 4Mb to 1Gb.
"As applications such as advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS), instrument clusters, infotainment and data logging become standard features in a wider range of cars, vehicle electronic OEMs are increasing their demand for flash memory that meet the most stringent requirements," said Robin Jigour, senior vice president of Spansion's Flash Memory Business Group. "With over 20 years of experience delivering cutting-edge, high-quality automotive grade flash devices and having developed strategic partnerships with customers, Spansion understands the unique product requirements and delivers innovative and competitive solutions for the automotive and embedded markets."
Key features of the 128Mb (S25FL128S) and 256Mb (S25FL256S) SPI devices:
- Extended operating temperature of -40C to +125C
- Equivalent performance to Spansion's -40C to +105C range devices
- Industry's fastest SPI Read and Write performance
- AEC-Q100 qualified
- Meets the TS16949 standard and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) requirements
- SOIC, WSON, BGA packages
- Extended addressing for access to higher memory density
- Configurable read latency for faster access time or higher clock rates
- Double Data Rate (DDR) read commands for SIO, DIO and QIO
- Advanced sector protection for individually protecting each sector
Samples of the extended temperature S25FL128S and S25FL256S devices are now available.
- Spansion S25FL128S and S25FL256S Data Sheet http://www.spansion.com/Support/Datasheets/S25FL128S_256S_00.pdf
- Spansion newsroom: http://news.spansion.com http://www.spansion.com/News
- Spansion Core & Code technical magazine and blog: http://core.spansion.com
- Spansion on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/spansion
- Spansion on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/spansion
- Spanion on LinkedIn http://www.linkedin.com/company/spansion
Spansion (NYSE: CODE) is a global leader in embedded systems solutions. Spansion's flash memory, microcontrollers, analog and mixed-signal products drive the development of faster, intelligent, secure and energy efficient electronics. Spansion is at the heart of electronics systems, connecting, controlling, storing and powering everything from automotive electronics and industrial systems to the highly interactive and immersive consumer devices that are enriching people's daily lives. For more information, visit http://www.spansion.com
Spansion®, the Spansion logo, MirrorBit®, HyperBus, HyperFlash, Traveo and combinations thereof, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Spansion LLC in the United States and other countries. Other names used are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.