Cypress Helps IoT Developers Bring Differentiated Products to Market Faster with Growing Portfolio of PSoC, MCU and Bluetooth Low Energy Solutions | Cypress Semiconductor
Cypress Helps IoT Developers Bring Differentiated Products to Market Faster with Growing Portfolio of PSoC, MCU and Bluetooth Low Energy Solutions
Cypress Demonstrating New Version of Easy-to-Use PSoC® Creator™ Software that Streamlines Designs and Now Supports Flexible Microcontroller Families from Spansion Merger
NUREMBERG, Germany, February 23, 2016 – For designers of connected devices from smart home appliances to wearable fitness trackers to factory automation equipment, the interconnectivity of the Internet of Things (IoT) is largely outweighed by the specific application requirements they must address. Embedded solutions provider Cypress Semiconductor Corp. (Nasdaq: CY) is addressing the diversity of the IoT, and common design concerns such as time to market and power consumption, with its expanded portfolio of Arm®-Cortex®-M-based PSoC® programmable system-on-chip devices, microcontrollers (MCUs) and Bluetooth Low Energy solutions.
Since its merger with Spansion in March 2015, Cypress has introduced more than 180 new devices in its PSoC 4 family and more than 150 new devices in the FM4 and FM0+ Flexible Microcontroller families originally developed by Spansion. Here at the Embedded World 2016 exhibition, Cypress has continued this expansion with the launch of its PSoC 4 S-Series devices for Industrial Internet systems, wearable electronics, home appliances and other consumer applications. Additionally at Embedded World, Cypress is demonstrating a new version of its easy-to-use PSoC Creator™ Integrated Design Environment (IDE) that now supports its FM families, starting with the FM0+ devices. PSoC Creator simplifies system design and accelerates time-to-market by enabling concurrent hardware and firmware design. More information on Cypress’s PSoC 4 and FM families can be found at http://www.cypress.com/PSoC4 and http://www.cypress.com/mcu.
“We have completed the hard work on Cypress’s merger and integration with Spansion, and we are now firing on all cylinders with a stronger mix of products, especially for our focus automotive and industrial markets, as well as for the Internet of Things,” said Hassane El-Khoury, Executive Vice President of the Programmable Systems Division at Cypress. “We are driven to continue expanding our portfolio of embedded solutions with new features and capabilities to help our customers create innovative and differentiated products. A premier example was the recent introduction of our first Traveo™ automotive MCUs on 40-nm process technology, which marks a key step in the evolution of our broader MCU and PSoC portfolio.”
Cypress is demonstrating its portfolio of PSoC, MCU, Bluetooth Low Energy, memory and energy-harvesting Power Management IC (PMIC) solutions for the IoT, along with its automotive and USB-C solutions, at Embedded World in booth number 148, located in Hall 4A, at the Nuremberg Messe in Germany.
Recently announced products and technologies from Cypress that address a diverse range of IoT applications include:
- PSoC 4 L-Series, the world’s most flexible one-chip Arm Cortex-M0 solution for smart home appliances and industrial internet applications
- Three series of FM4 products that provide fast, secure and reliable communication interfaces for factory automation and smart home appliance applications
- Two series of FM0+ products deliver ultra-low power consumption for portable IoT applications
- EZ-BLE™ PSoC, the industry’s most integrated Bluetooth Low Energy module, and multiple other new, fully-certified modules that reduce time-to-market
- PSoC 4 BLE and PRoC™ BLE Programmable Radio-on-Chip solutions fully qualified for the Bluetooth 4.2 standard and its features that improve data rate, privacy and security for IoT applications
- A demonstration of a light-powered IoT beacon solution based on Cypress’s energy harvesting PMIC and EZ-BLE PRoC module that eliminates the need to replace batteries, significantly reducing maintenance costs
- A Bluetooth Smart Mesh demonstration showing an implementation for smart home lighting applications.
About Cypress’s MCU Portfolio
The Cypress-Spansion merger created a $1.6 billion global leader in MCUs and specialized memories for embedded systems with a significant focus on automotive, industrial and home appliance applications. The merger expanded Cypress’s portfolio of embedded processors, leveraging a broad range of strong, complementary, Arm-based MCUs and PSoC programmable system-on-chip solutions. The breadth of Cypress’s portfolio enables one-stop MCU selection, speeding designs and simplifying migration with products ranging from the industry’s most cost-effective solutions to those with industry-leading performance.
Follow Cypress Online
- Read our Core & Code technical magazine and blog.
- Join the Cypress Developer Community.
- Follow @CypressSemi on Twitter.
- Visit us on Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Watch Cypress videos on our Video Library or YouTube.
Cypress (NASDAQ: CY) delivers high-performance, high-quality solutions at the heart of today’s most advanced embedded systems, from automotive, industrial and networking platforms to highly interactive consumer and mobile devices. With a broad, differentiated product portfolio that includes NOR flash memories, F-RAM™ and SRAM, Traveo™ microcontrollers, the industry’s only PSoC® programmable system-on-chip solutions, analog and PMIC Power Management ICs, CapSense® capacitive touch-sensing controllers, and Wireless BLE Bluetooth Low-Energy and USB connectivity solutions, Cypress is committed to providing its customers worldwide with consistent innovation, best-in-class support and exceptional system value. To learn more, go to www.cypress.com.
# # #
Cypress, the Cypress logo, PSoC and CapSense are registered trademarks and PSoC Creator, Traveo, EZ-BLE, PRoC and F-RAM are trademarks of Cypress Semiconductor Corp. All other trademarks are property of their owners.