PSoC Software Error 1628: Failed to Complete Script-Based Installation / Failed to complete script based install. | Cypress Semiconductor
Support & Community
PSoC Software Error 1628: Failed to Complete Script-Based Installation / Failed to complete script based install.
What is the work around when PSoC Designer installation give Error 1628?
- Installshield Error 1628: Failed to Complete Script-Based Installation
- Error 1628: Failed to complete script based install.
Possible Cause 1
This error message is often caused when the uninstallation log file becomes corrupt. This can happen if the installation is somehow corrupt.
Fix: In the Windows Task Manager, end the process that is running IDriver.exe:
- Right-click the Windows Task bar, then click Task Manager.
- On the Processes tab, click the Image Name column to sort it alphabetically.
- Review the running processes to see if idriver.exe is running.
- If idriver.exe is running, click it or right-click it, then click End Process.
Possible Cause 2
This error can also occur if the Windows Installer Service is not properly configured on your computer or if the installation is created with a newer version of the Windows Installer Service than the one on your computer.
Fix: To fix this issue, install the latest Windows Installer Service on your computer. Instructions and download links for the Windows Installer are listed below, sorted by operating system.
- Windows 95/ 98/ Me:
- Windows NT 4.0 or 2000:
- Windows XP:
Restart your computer and run the installation again to see if the error continues to occur.
Possible Cause 3
This error message may also occur if a file in the Temp directory is conflicting with the files used by the installation while it is running.
Fix: Delete the entire contents of the Temp directory:
- Double-click the My Computer icon on your desktop, or right-click Start, then click Explore.
- Navigate to the Temp directory, for example, C:\Windows\Temp.
- Click in the directory, then right-click and click Select All (or CTRL A).
- On the toolbar, click Delete or right-click the selection, then click Delete (or CTRL X). A confirmation message appears.
- Click Yes.