Microsoft Office 2000/2003 stops working after uninstalling or upgrading PSoC Creator | Cypress Semiconductor
Support & Community
Microsoft Office 2000/2003 stops working after uninstalling or upgrading PSoC Creator
Why Microsoft Office 2000/2003 stops working after uninstalling or upgrading PSoC Creator?
This is a known issue with Microsoft Windows Installer. The PSoC Creator installer/updater is known to trigger an existing condition which will prevent Microsoft Office applications from running. The flaw has been observed on machines that have the Yahoo Toolbar installed via the Sun Java environment.
You can re-enable Microsoft Office by following these instructions:
Note that modifying your registry is potentially dangerous. The Microsoft Help documentation for the registry editor program says the following:
"Although Registry Editor enables you to inspect and modify the registry, normally you do not need to do so, and making incorrect changes can break your system."
1. Run the Registry Editor by clicking Start -> Run, type regedit.exe, and click OK.
2. In the Registry Editor, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software \Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\
3. Under this registry key you will see one or more keys that start with the text "S-1-5". Open them up and look for the sub-key Components:
4. Create an "undo" file by selecting the registry key 225FC5D4BDB0C57489E7F511C11D0182 and then click on File -> Export.
Give the file a name and save it to a well-known location.
5. After the exporting a backup file, make sure that 225FC5D4BDB0C57489E7F511C11D0182 is selected and delete the key.
6. Try opening your favorite Microsoft Office application. If it runs as normal you're finished. If this does not solve your problem, please contact