Low power consumption - Recommendations | Cypress Semiconductor
Support & Community
Low power consumption - Recommendations
Last Updated: December 29, 2011
What are the recommendations for Low Power Consumption operation with PSoC?
Following are a few recommendations for low power operations:
- Switch off all unused blocks.
- Run the analog resources at low power.
- Run the analog blocks at lower column clock. Lower the column clock, lower is the power consumption
- Make sure that analog output buffers are not enabled if they are not required.
- Lower CPU speed reduces power consumption. Set the CPU speed according to the processing power required for the project.
- Put PSoC to sleep if no operation is performed.
- Set the VC clock dividers to highest possible value, because lower the frequency lower will be the power consumption.
- Disable SysClk*2 if the project does not use the 48MHz clock
- If using a Delta Sigma ADC in a 29x66 device, use the Delsig user module instead of DELSIG8 or DELSIG11 user modules. These user modules consume 6mA more current than the Delsig version.
- If no analog block is being used, set the Analog Power in Global Resources to "All Off".
Please refer to the application note AN47310:PSoC® 1 Power Savings Using Sleep Mode for further detail.