Interoperating WUSB-NL DVK (CY3668 Rev. **) with nonDVK WUSB-NL Hardware - KBA83288 | Cypress Semiconductor
Support & Community
Interoperating WUSB-NL DVK (CY3668 Rev. **) with nonDVK WUSB-NL Hardware - KBA83288
How do I interoperate WUSB-NL DVK (CY3668 Rev. **) with a WUSB-NL-based nonDVK device?
WUSB-NL DVK is intended for use with the WUSB-NL modules supplied with the kit. If you need to use this kit with any other WUSB-NL-based device, the WUSB-NL module must be modified. Follow the instructions provided in this article to modify the module.
Note The WUSB-NL radio module provided with CY3668 Rev. *A does not require these modifications.
- ANY CHANGE TO THE MODULE HAS TO BE CARRIED OUT BY A PERSON QUALIFIED IN REPLACING CHIP COMPONENTS.
- USE ESD PROTECTION WHILE CARRYING OUT THE MODIFICATION.
- USE TEMPERATURE-CONTROLLED SOLDERING STATION (RECOMMENDED).
INSTRUCTIONS TO MODIFY WUSB-NL MODULES
Perform the following changes on both the WUSB-NL modules:
- Replace the existing capacitor at location C7 with a 33-pF, 0603 size capacitor
- Replace the existing capacitor at location C8 with a 27-pF, 0603 size capacitor
Figure 1. WUSB-NL Module and Location of C7 and C8
Cypress recommends the following parts from Murata for this purpose:
- 33-pF capacitor : GRM1885C1H330JA01D
- 27-pF capacitor : GRM1885C1H270JA01D
After you complete these changes, the WUSB-NL modules are ready to interoperate with any nonDVK hardware.
INTEROPERATING WITH NON DVK WUSB-NL HARDWARE
For a modified WUSB-NL module to interoperate with nonDVK hardware, the firmware running on both hardware must be compatible.For this reason you must port the WUSB-NL driver provided with CY3668 Rev. ** to the nonDVK hardware before initiating data communication between them. If your application requires AgileHID protocol, you must port the AgileHID protocol provided with CY3668 Rev. ** DVK to the nonDVK hardware as well. Alternatively, you can also port the firmware (WUSB-NL driver and AgileHID protocol) running on the nonDVK hardware to CY3668 Rev. ** DVK.