Internet Explorer® Script Error Pops Up Whenever Any Project or Workspace is Opened – KBA83317 | Cypress Semiconductor
Support & Community
Internet Explorer® Script Error Pops Up Whenever Any Project or Workspace is Opened – KBA83317
Whenever any project or workspace is opened, PSoC® Designer™ gives the Internet Explorer® script error "'g_SvgDoc.rootElement' is null or not an object.” How do you fix this problem?
This error is generated when the Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) viewer is not installed or the installation has been corrupted. Reinstalling the SVG viewer should fix this issue.
If reinstalling the SVG viewer does not fix the issue, there may be a problem with the IT policies on your machine. To fix this issue, edit the registry as follows:
- Click Start > Run, type Regedit in the Open text box, and then click OK.
Locate the following registry key.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer \Main\FeatureControl \FEATURE_LOCALMACHINE_LOCKDOWN
Crete a backup of this registry entry:
- Click File > Export.
- Save the .reg file
- Later, if you need to restore the old settings, click File > Import and import the same .reg file.
- On the Edit menu, click New > DWORD Value.
- In the DWORD Value box, type psocdesigner.exe, and then press ENTER.
- Double-click the psocdesigner.exe registry entry that you created in step 5.
- In the Value data box, type 0, and then click OK.
- Repeat steps 4–7 to add CMX.exe.
- Exit the Registry Editor.