How to Design with EZ-USB® FX3™ and FX3S™ – KBA87889 | Cypress Semiconductor
Support & Community
How to Design with EZ-USB® FX3™ and FX3S™ – KBA87889
Is there a comprehensive list of resources that you can use to design applications using FX3™ and FX3S™?
Cypress offers several FX3 resources that can assist you in developing or evaluating your FX3 kit.
If you are new to the FX3 family of devices and the FX3 development tool, the following supplemental materials are available within the FX3 SuperSpeed Explorer Kit (CYUSB3KIT-003). Simply install the SuperSpeed Explorer Kit and navigate to the following location:
\Cypress\SuperSpeed Explorer Kit\1.0\Documentation
- SuperSpeed Explorer Kit Quick Start Guide: This document helps you get started with the FX3 kit.
- SuperSpeed Explorer Kit User Guide: This document discusses the different features of the Explorer Kit in detail.
If you have purchased the FX3 DVK (CYUSB3KIT-001), you can find the equivalent files at the following location:
\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 Development Kit\1.0\Documentation
- CYUSB3KIT-001 Quick Start Guide: This document helps you get started with the FX3 Kit.
- CYUSB3KIT-001 User Guide: This document discusses the different features of the FX3 Kit in detail.
The Cypress website has additional resources at http://www.cypress.com/usbsuperspeed/, including the following:
Training videos: The Cypress website has several “Training on-Demand” videos for the EZ-USB® FX3 family, including the following:
- EZ-USB® FX3 Architecture Overview
- EZ-USB FX3 Workshop
- Getting started with Eclipse IDE for FX3
- FX3 HD 720p Camera Kit Demo
- EZ-USB FX3 Maximum Throughput Demo
Application Notes (ANs): The Cypress website has several application notes that can assist you with designing your FX3 application. The following is the list of key application notes that can help you to get started with developing EZ-USB® FX3 applications:
- AN75705 - Getting Started with EZ-USB® FX3™
- AN76405 - EZ-USB® FX3 Boot Options
- AN70707 - EZ-USB® FX3™/FX3S™ Hardware Design Guidelines and Schematic Checklist
- AN65974 - Designing with the EZ-USB® FX3 Slave FIFO Interface
- AN75779 - How to Implement an Image Sensor Interface with EZ-USB® FX3™ in a USB Video Class (UVC) Framework
- AN86947 - Optimizing USB 3.0 Throughput with EZ-USB® FX3™
- AN84868 - Configuring an FPGA over USB Using Cypress EZ-USB® FX3™
- AN68829 - Slave FIFO Interface for EZ-USB® FX3™: 5-Bit Address Mode
- AN73609 - EZ-USB® FX2LP™/ FX3™ Developing Bulk-Loop Example on Linux
- AN77960 - Introduction to EZ-USB® FX3™ High-Speed USB Host Controller
- AN76348 - Differences in Implementation of EZ-USB® FX2LP™ and EZ-USB FX3 Applications
- AN89661 - USB RAID 1 Disk Design Using EZ-USB® FX3S™
Technical Reference Manuals:The TRM provides detailed descriptions of the internal architecture of the FX3 device.
Datasheets:The device datasheets list the features and electrical specifications of the FX3 and FX3S devices.
If you have any queries, the Cypress technical support team would be happy to assist you. You can create a support request at the MyCase page, or if you are in the United States, you can reach technical support toll free at +1-800-541-4736. Select option 2 at the voice prompt.
You can also use the following support resources for quick help: