Error while Installing PSoC® Designer™: "There is no script engine for file extension .vbs" – KBA88204 | Cypress Semiconductor
Support & Community
Error while Installing PSoC® Designer™: "There is no script engine for file extension .vbs" – KBA88204
How do you remove the error “There is no script engine for file extension .vbs” while installing PSoC® Designer™?
One of following methods will resolve this problem:
Register the vbscript.dll module by following these steps:
Open a Command Prompt window.
- In Windows® XP, click Start, Run, and type cmd.exe.
- In Windows Vista and Windows 7, click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.
Type the following command in the command prompt window and press Enter.
You should see the following confirmation message.
DllRegisterServer in vbscript.dll succeeded.
- Now run PSoC Designer and see if the problem is resolved.
If the steps given above are not working and you have used McAfee® products in your machine earlier, then run the McAfee Consumer Product Removal (MCPR) tool by following steps given here (If you have not used McAfee products, then try method 3):
- Download the MCPR tool and save it to a folder on your computer.
- Navigate to the folder where you saved the file, and double-click MCPR.exe.
- When you see the User Account Control dialog box, click Yes.
- At the McAfee Software Removal screen, click Next.
- At the End User License Agreement (EULA) dialog box, click Next to accept the agreement.
When prompted, type the Captcha information, which is case-sensitive, to validate to application security, and then click Next.
- If you have Family Protection installed, type your Administrator user name and password and click Next.
- If you cannot authenticate, follow the on-screen instructions to obtain an uninstall code. If you do not have Family Protection installed, you will not receive this authentication prompt.
- When you see the message CleanUp Successful, restart your computer. Your McAfee product will not be fully removed until after the restart.
- Uninstall PSoC Designer.
- Install Designer at the location “C:\[Some Folder name without spaces]” – for example, “C:\Designer\”.
One of these methods will resolve the issue.