Error Opening Project in EZ-Click™ – KBA91597 | Cypress Semiconductor
Support & Community
Error Opening Project in EZ-Click™ – KBA91597
Why do I get an error message when I open the kit example projects in EZ-Click?
You may be receiving the following error message when opening kit example projects in the EZ-Click software:
Figure 1. Error When Opening Kit Project
If you get this error, you may have installed the kit without administrative rights into the Windows “Program Files” directory. The files are write-protected. To work around this issue, do one of the following:
- Get admin rights to the local computer
- Change the Windows User Account Control (UAC) settings
- Copy the program local file location and change the folder attributes to read/write status
Contact your IT team to get administrative rights on your computer.
- Click Start > Control Panel > User Accounts, and then click Change User Account Control Settings.
- In the User Account Control Settings window, drag the slider to Never Notify, and click OK.
- If prompted, enter the password and restart the computer.
- From Windows Explorer, copy the example project from the install directory into another file location.
- Right-click the copied folder and select Properties as Figure 2 shows.
- On the General tab, deselect the Read Only checkbox and click OK.
- If prompted, select Apply changes to this folder, subfolders, and files, and click OK.
Figure 2. Folder Properties