CY8CKIT-001 Voltage Regulation Error | Cypress Semiconductor
Support & Community
CY8CKIT-001 Voltage Regulation Error
What should I do if my CY8CKIT-001 DVK does not provide an accurate 3.3V supply?
A small number of CY8CKIT-001 Kits were manufactured incorrectly. These kits will experience all of the following three problems:
- The 3.3V supply voltage measures nearly 4V or more
- The CyFi Wireless Radio Module is inoperable
- The MHz oscillator socket is inoperable
Identifying Affected Kits:
Replacing Your Kit:
If your kit is affected by this error, please consider returning it to Cypress via the RMA process. You may contact Cypress customer support for more details at:
If you want to continue using your board, please see the workaround section below, carefully noting the limitations.
As a result of this incorrectly loaded part, there are certain features of the DVK that will not function. Below is a list of items that you should be aware of should you have one of these kits:
- Users should not use the MHz oscillator socket at U8. This particular component is powered directly off of the DVK’s 3.3V regulator.
- Users should not use the CyFi Wireless Radio connector at P17. This particular component is powered directly off of the 3.3V regulator.
- Users should make use of the 5V (U2) and adjustable (U4) regulators ONLY. To ensure use of these regulators only, users should configure their DVK’s with jumpers loaded, and switches set in the following manner:
J2, J3, J4, J5: Set to either VDD (5V) or VADJ (1.55 – 5V) (See Figure 2 below)
J11: Remove jumper
Figure 1: DVK Board Diagram - SW3, J6 and J7 Configuration
Figure 2: DVK Board Diagram – J2, J3, J4 and J5 Configuration
NOTE: Consideration should be taken when placing jumpers on J6 and J7, so that the voltage seen by “VDD DIG” is no higher than the voltage seen by “VDD ANLG”.