CapSense_CSD Tuner Set Up | Cypress Semiconductor
Support & Community
CapSense_CSD Tuner Set Up
Why CapSense tuner I2C communication fails even if I have configured my hardware properly?
For successful communication between the device and the CapSense tuner, the CapSense tuner configuration and EZI2C component parameters as shown in the FIGURE 1 and FIGURE 2 must match in your PSoC Creator project. If there is mismatch between the two component parameters, the I2C communication may fail.
FIGURE 1: EZI2C Configuration
FIGURE 2: CapSense Tuner configuration
Follow the steps given below to setup the CapSense tuner configuration in your project for successful I2C communication:
- Set the Tuning method as “Auto (Smart Sense)” or “Manual”. See CapSense component datasheet in PSoC Creator for more details on this property. If Tuning method is set to “None” tuner will not work.
- Assign CapSense sensor as button/ slider as per your CapSense design requirements.
3. Enable the Tuner Helper within the CapSense Component
4. Place and configure EZI2C component parameters:
5. Add the following section of code in your project:
All the above settings should be done prior to building the PSoC Creator project.
Follow the steps given below after you have programmed the board for monitoring CapSense parameters using CapSense tuner: Also, make sure you have correctly connected MiniProg3 with your board.
- Right click on the CapSense component and click “Launch Tuner”.
- Click on the “Configuration” tab in the Tuner window.
3. Click on the Miniprog3 which you have connected on the board with I2C pins, in the “Tuner Communication Setup” window and set up the parameters as shown below:
Note:Voltage settings in the above configuration should be same as the voltage settings on the board.
4. Click “OK”. The tuner communication setup window will be closed.
5. Now click “Start” to start I2C communication and monitor CapSense parameters.