Internet of Things (IoT)
Internet of Things: Accelerating through the power of Cypress WICED™ technology.
Only Cypress delivers an IoT portfolio that combines wireless, MCUs, memory and PMICs into a platform to accelerate the time-to-market for connected IoT products. By leveraging the Wireless Internet Connectivity for Embedded Devices (WICED) SDK and ecosystem adding wireless connectivity and cloud services to automotive, industrial and consumer products is an easy thing.
WIRELESS SENSORS & BEACONS
Cypress enables IoT developers to easily create sensor beacons that wirelessly transmit data on their surrounding environment to mobile devices, PCs and IoT gateways.
- S6AE103A ultra-low-power Energy Harvesting PMIC
- 10x10 mm EZ-BLE™ PRoC Module
- 30-hour operation without ambient light with 0.2 F super capacitor
- Temperature and Humidly Sensor
- Free iOS, Android, and PC Application
- All-in-one IoT prototyping kit housed in a sturdy plastic case
- BCM20737S Bluetooth Smart SiP Module
- Five MEMS sensors: Gyro, Accelerometer, Compass, Temp, Barometer
- Free iOS, Android and PC Application
BROAD MCU PORTFOLIO
Cypress complete portfolio of Flexible Microcontroller (FM) and Programmable System on Chip (PSoC) ARM Cortex MCUs provide flexible options to develop Wi-Fi, BLE and ZigBee connected IoT products.
- For IoT products that connect directly to the cloud
- 200MHz ARM® Cortex-M4
- Up to 2MB Flash and 256K SRAM
- SDIO Interface for Wi-Fi / Bluetooth connectivity
- 10/100 Ethernet MAC with IEEE 1588
- For IoT products that connect to the cloud via IoT gateway
- 40MHz ARM Cortex-M0+ with up to 560KB Flash and 64K SRAM
- Ultra-low-power: 65µA/MHz Active, 0.6µA Standby with VBAT & RTC
- 4-8 SPI/UART Interfaces for BLE / ZigBee connectivity and system interfaces
- For IoT products that connect to the cloud via mobile device
- 48MHz ARM Cortex-M0 up to 256K Flash and 32K SRAM
- On-chip mixed-signal AFEs for sensors
- OTA (Over-the-air) firmware upgrades
Cypress state-of-the-art portfolio of Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and 802.15.4 (Zigbee) wireless connectivity SoCs are built on the same wireless DNA used by world leading mobile, router, tablet, TV and brands.
Delivers the most advanced wireless technology:
- Unparalleled integration of multiple radios (40-nm in production now)
- The latest Wi-Fi standards (802.11ac in production now)
- Wi-Fi / Bluetooth combos
- Bluetooth / BLE combos
- Bluetooth / 802.15.4 (Zigbee) combos
Delivered in fully-certified easy-to-use modules that save time-to-market and money ($$$)
WICED™ IOT PLATFORM
WICED™ (pronounced “wik-id”) is Cypress IoT platform that enables the rapid development and deployment of connected IoT products.
Wireless Internet Connectivity for Embedded Devices (WICED)
- Eliminate the complexity of adding wireless
- Simplifies adding cloud services
- Allows customers to focus on their IoT product development
The WICED SDK is pre-integrated, pre-tested and continuously updated
- WICED APIs and drivers make wireless connectivity easy and flexible
- Proven production ready stacks (E.g. networking, security)
- Pre-integrated licensed ecosystem libraries (E.g. HomeKit, Weave)
- Pre-integrated world-leading IoT cloud Platforms (E.g. Amazon AWS, IBM BlueMix)
The WICED Partner Ecosystem accelerates your time-to-market
- Partners who are experts in product development with the WICED SDK
- Partners who are experts in integrating embedded system with mobile and cloud applications
- Partners who deliver a broad portfolio of certified modules optimized for power, range and interoperability
- Professional highly engaged community
Developers are tapping Cypress's Bluetooth Smart (Bluetooth Low Energy) wireless technology and robust software stack to build and create a highly interoperable ecosystem of smartwatches, fitness bands, biometric monitors and other wearable devices that are securely feeding a growing market of self-health, monitoring and diagnostic applications.
Putting the “smart” in smarthome, Cypress's WICED™ platform enables rapid development of applications that bring simplified, wireless access with compelling value to appliances, lighting, thermostats, home security systems and other touchpoints that have yet to be imagined.
Developers are using the WICED™ platform to fine-tune connected audio experiences, whether it's synchronized wireless speakers throughout the home or music on-the-go from a wireless headset or portable speaker with Apple AirPlay or Google Cast.
Bluetooth tags can be lifesavers, helping track down lost keys and phones. But Bluetooth technology is also part of the rapidly rising use of beacons by retailers to successfully drive big data for in-store customer analysis with real-time, customized promotions and discounts.
Bluetooth connectivity for hands free sparked a revolution of in-car infotainment and telematics that includes wide ranges of applications that connect our mobile lives and bring a living room experience to the car that increases comfort, personalization and safety, including hands-free calling, music streaming, passenger health monitoring and basic service and performance metrics.
As the Internet of Things expands into the industrial arena, wireless devices can help improve the efficiency of control systems and provide tracking of key assets. Companies can use sensor and M2M big data to drastically reduce production time, energy usage and variable costs using the information created by smart meters remote diagnostics, and environmental sensors.
From blood glucose monitors to wireless pill boxes to patient monitoring systems, doctors and hospitals are enhancing the level of patient care by tapping into the ubiquity and speed of wireless devices.
With IoT products ranging from air conditioners to connected toothbrushes, it’s clear to see that the Internet of Things isn’t easily defined by traditional product categories. With the integration of networking and server-based processing technology that allows the imagination to become reality, the Internet of Things is a market where the new business possibilities are limitless.
Cypress and its WICED™ developer communities, including the industry-leading partners listed above, are supporting the development of IoT devices from conception to production by providing forums, development kits and other information for customers, partners, programmers and other interested parties.