Issue with installing driver on Windows 7 64bit. Name is already in use. | Cypress Semiconductor
Issue with installing driver on Windows 7 64bit. Name is already in use.
I have been attempting to install a driver for the HiTech Global Virtex 6 USB 2.0 port. The Virtex 6 uses CY7C67300.
- I restarted the PC and disabled driver signing
- I installed Cypress 3.4.7
- I copied cyusb.inf and cyusb.sys from wlh\x64\ to C:\CyInstall\
- I modified the VID for 04B4 and PID for 7200 (see attached cyusb.txt for the exact inf file)
- I connected the device and it failed to install (it was detected as an unknown device with no driver)
- I browsed to C:\CyInstall and selected cyusb.inf and continued with the installation when the warning popped up about the driver not being signed.
- I then get the error "The name is already in use as either a service name or a service display name."
I tried to debug this issue by looking things up on the web and found that this typically means something was left behind from the last install (I tried a few times previous to this attempt but failed). I then uninstalled cypress 3.4.7. I deleted all cyusb.inf and cyusb.sys from System32. I deleted a registry entry I found in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup\PnpLockdownFiles that had cyusb in its name. I deleted the oemXX files that contained data for the VID 04B4 and PID 7200. I then disabled all non-microsoft services and restarted the computer.
On reboot I did the same thing I did above and encountered the same issue.
What am I doing wrong? I have followed the manual exactly and I just can't get the driver to install properly.