Debugging NAND with Keil uVisiion | Cypress Semiconductor
Debugging NAND with Keil uVisiion
The instructions in the document CY3686 EZ-USB® NX2LP-Flex™ Development Kit Guide for debugging Keil uVision don’t work and are misleading. Any help would be appreciated. Here are the steps I use:
1) I have Purchased a professional license for uVision
2) Device connects as “Cypress EZ-USB FX2LP Board Keil monitor (3.4.5.000)
3) Set SW1 “Small EEPROM”, SW2 set to “EEPROM”. Instructions say to download \
4) The RS232 cable is connected from SIO-1 to the PC COM port, The USB cable is connected from J1 to the PC USB port, LED D7 is ON (green).
5) Run uVision change debug port to COM2 (9600 Baud). Click F7 to compile
6) Instructions say click “Download”. Not sure what this means as the “Download” under the “Flash” menu in uVision is greyed. Clicked “download” in CyConsole select the . nand_fw2k.hex file just compiled. Instructions say “Click” Reset, I assume this is press the “Reset” button on the board.
7) When I try to start the Debugger in uVision, all I get is CONNECTION TO TARGET SYSTEM LOST.
I have verified the serial port functions; I have tried it on a system with a real COM port, but no license to uVision same error. Please help. Also Cypress if you are listening, please update your documentation.