About Driving my own USB Device | Cypress Semiconductor
About Driving my own USB Device
At first, I will describe my situation, I have one USB device made by my classmate. The USB device was made by using CyPress Chip. I have tried several times to drive the device, but I failed. Now I will write my constructing step as follows, please give me some advice if there is any error.
1. Creating a script file from the HEX file
2. Building an inf file, according to the VID and PID of the USB device and a script file.
3. put the inf file, script file and CyUSB.sys in the same directory
4. updating the device driver
I want to know if the step is right? And I have several questions.
1. Does the HEX file means firmware? I have to obtain it by whom writing firmware.
2. what is script file? If it is necessary for me to produce the driver
Sorry that I am new at making USB driver and thanks for your advice