You are here

A question about "Errata for the CYUSB3014-BZXI" | Cypress Semiconductor

A question about "Errata for the CYUSB3014-BZXI"

Summary: 2 Replies, Latest post by DamL on 09 Dec 2011 02:18 AM PST
Verified Answers: 0
Last post
byeyear's picture
31 posts

The document "Errata for the CYUSB3014-BZXI" says FX3 sometimes can not enumerate with the USB host, and developer has to select other boot method. But I have not a valid Flash or EEPROM firmware. Cypress distributor told me that I can not get a FX3 DVK board until January 2012. So I develop a USB3014 test board by myself. Can someone provide me a Flash or EEPROM firmware, or can I still boot my board correctly with an empty Flash or EEPROM?

The flash and eeprom on my board is the same as FX3 DVK board.

Best regards.

byeyear's picture
31 posts

OK, I found an image file in the SDK directory.

Can I burn this image file into an EEPROM using external programmer and then install it onto my board? My EEPROM is 24LC256 (32kbytes) but this image file has a length of 128kbytes. Should I replace my EEPROM with 24C1024 (for example, AT24C1024) ?

I navigator this forum and found some useful topics.

1) If I boot my usb board from host, I have to install an external 32K crystal;

2) If I boot the usb board from host, my board may or may not work correctly. If my board can not work correctly because of silicon problem, replug my board may be a good choice;

3) If I boot from I2C and use the lastest SDK, the external 32K crystal can be omitted;

Are these descriptions right? 

DamL's picture
25 posts

Main question is what "sometimes" means :

1) does it mean that on certain type of PC USB controller, it will never wok and on on another type it will always work ?

2) or does it mean that on whatever PC USB controller, it will "sometimes" fail and at what typical frequency : for example, 1 every 10 boots, 1 every 100 boots, etc ?

3) does it depends on board environment, etc ?