AN75779 hangs again...

Summary: 6 Replies, Latest post by joseph rojas on 04 Oct 2016 02:06 PM PDT
Verified Answers: 0
Last post
dadeur's picture
User
31 posts

Hi all,

after having updated my AN75779 based project with the help of Technical Support, that gave me Rev Q215, I was happy to see that INVALID_SEQUENCE errors disappeared; and the new frame timeout system saved some bad situation...

But my happiness ended when I discovered that the frame acquisition sometime stops suddenly and there is no way to restore it. This problem is random: may happen after few minutes or hours. From the serial debug I get no errors, it seems all right but the acquisition cannot recover; the only way is a reboot.

I already tried: CyU3PPibDeInit/CyU3PPibInit, CyU3PDmaMultiChannelDestroy/CyU3PDmaMultiChannelCreate, CyU3PUsbResetEndpointMemories, but the acquisition remains stuck or sometime only few garbage bytes are returned.

How can avoid this? Or, at least, restore the acquisition...

Thank a lot!

kash's picture
Cypress Employee
112 posts

Hi,

Please create a technical support case for this issue.

Regards

Dhritiman

joseph rojas's picture
User
8 posts

dadeur, Could you explain how do you solved your INVALID_SEQUENCE errors, I'm facing the same problem right now with the AN75779 original source code. Thanks.

dadeur's picture
User
31 posts

Hi joseph, Cypress support provvided me AN75779 Rev. Q215 (I think now they updated the public version too) that implements a timeout timer. If someting goes wrong the procedure will abort the current frame and start the next avoiding  INVALID_SEQUENCE error.

I had other problems after updating my code but I discovered that were caused by an instability of video bus signals. Regards.

joseph rojas's picture
User
8 posts

Hi Dadeur, thanks for your answer. In the updated public version of the AN75779 source code there is nothing related with a timeout timer (I have downloaded it again to try just in case. Last Updated: Mar 24, 2016, Ver. *G). Please could you send me a copy of AN75779 Rev.Q215? Thanks.

dadeur's picture
User
31 posts

Hi joseph, I hope this will help you.

joseph rojas's picture
User
8 posts

Thank you very much dadeur. I'll have a look. It seems to be a quite different approach.