PSoC Creator 3.3 New Features | Cypress Semiconductor
PSoC Creator 3.3 New Features
By now, I hope everyone is using PSoC Creator 3.3. If not, let me encourage you to upgrade. There are some significant new features in this release including:
- A “Guided Pin Selection” feature for PSoC 4 devices which helps customers make optimal decisions when choosing what pins to assign each of their signals
- A Resource Meter to showing a convenient graph showing the current utilization of the PSoC’s resources (IO, UDBs, Flash, SRAM, etc.) See the graphic (below right) After you build your project, open up the Resource Meter from the View menu in PSoC Creator (Alt-V-R).
- An enhanced Example Project Browser, which now finds kit projects, component examples, and starter designs.
- A new Project Wizard replaces the existing, error-prone New Project dialog with a multi-step wizard, enabling the use of code examples, kit projects, and templates as start-points for a new design.
- A new feature called Macro Callbacks allows users to call their own code from within the Cypress automatically generated code.
See the PSoC Creator start page for posts on the other new features.
As usual, we’ve made many quality improvements and minor enhancements. I strongly encourage you to install PSoC Creator 3.3. You don’t even have to uninstall other versions of PSoC Creator. You can find more information, including the complete Release Notes, on the PSoC Creator product page at http://cypress.com/creator.
Happy New Year from CreatorLand,
--Matt Landrum (email@example.com)