Programming PSoC® using Programmer 3.19.1 on Windows 8.1 | Cypress Semiconductor
Programming PSoC® using Programmer 3.19.1 on Windows 8.1
Problem Statement :-
When we install PSoC Programmer 3.19.1 on Windows 8.1 then drivers of MiniProg3 and Kits are not installed. And we are not able to program any device.
To program your PSoC device with Windows 8.1 OS follow these steps:
- Upgrade your version of Programmer to 3.19.1 from the link.
- This step is based on the type of OS:
- If your Windows 8.1 is 32 bit, then download the “drivers_32bit.zip” file to your computer. Unzip this file and copy the folder “drivers” found at “C:\Program Files\Cypress\Programmer\3.19.1\”.
- If your Windows 8.1 is 64 bit, then download the “drivers_64bit.zip” file to your computer. Unzip this file and copy the folder “drivers” at location “C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\Programmer\3.19.1\”.
- Next, open the folder “drivers,” which you have just copied, and run the “driver.bat” file.
- Plug-in MiniProg3 to the USB port of the PC; it should be visible in the device manager.
- Now you will be able to program your PSoC device.
Note:- These steps are only applicable for PSoC Programmer 3.19.1. I think Cypress will resolve this problem in next version of PSOC Programmer.