You are here

Creator 1.0 I2C UM Master v2.20 Build indicates Warning Multiple call to function | Cypress Semiconductor

Creator 1.0 I2C UM Master v2.20 Build indicates Warning Multiple call to function

Summary: 3 Replies, Latest post by yfs on 13 Jan 2012 10:52 AM PST
Verified Answers: 1
Last post
user_51922177's picture
User
109 posts

Using CY8CKIT-030 a Creator 1.0 Build indicates 2 cases of "Multiple call to Function" for an I2C Master v2.20 where both cases are internal Cypress Modules calls.

My code only does a name _Start(), a name _EnableInt(), and a name_MasterClearStatus()  from one module.

The compile otherwise completes successfully.

The Knowledge Base article on multiple calls and C51 non-re-entrant indicates this may be a true error and not just a warning.

*** WARNING L15: MULTIPLE CALL TO FUNCTION

NAME: _CYINTCLEARPENDING/CYLIB

CALLER1: ?C_C51STARTUP

CALLER2: I2C_UM_ISR/I2C_UM_INT

*** WARNING L15: MULTIPLE CALL TO FUNCTION

NAME: _CYINTDISABLE/CYLIB

CALLER1: ?C_C51STARTUP

CALLER2: I2C_UM_ISR/I2C_UM_INT

yfs
yfs's picture
Cypress Employee
108 posts

What version of the cy_boot component are you using? This is the (invisible) component that exists in your schematic to generate design-wide APIs like the ISR function that is giving you trouble. In v2.30 we made these APIs reentrant to correct this problem. To check, and update, go to the main Project menu and select "Update Components". The cy_boot entry will be at the bottom of the list.

I strongly doubt you have a "real" roblem because the first call is from our startup code and that is not going to called again later on.

If you do not wich to update your cy_boot version at this time, you can suppress the message... search for "Reentrant Code in PSoC 3" in the Help system for details on the CYRE file.

-- Mark.

user_51922177's picture
User
109 posts

Mark,

Found your reply in Follow this Topic in web page type code!

cy.boot is V2.21 which is the latest version of Creator included in the CY8CKIT-030 CD.

I am on a DSL line which is slow for downloading Creator 2, and the Install is lengthy, so I will wait to see if any problem shows up.

Thanks,

Bruce

yfs
yfs's picture
Cypress Employee
108 posts

Keep us posted !

-- Mark.