Ethernet Component | Cypress Semiconductor
I know the demand for an ethernet component is really high. PSoC is such a great chip and it really s*cks that there's no good ethernet solution for it. I see this question coming up here and on the PSoCdeveloper forum many times.
Yes, we can use Xport, Wiznet or any additional module. However most of these solutions gets quite expensive if you are speaking about quantities.
As many ARM controller manufacturers also have ethernet inside their controllers, it would be great to have an Ethernet Component for PSoC.
I've used Wiznet for some of my projects but my ethernet knowledge not really goes that deep. I am looking to port one of the open source TCP/IP stacks like uIP or lwIP. I guess it will not be that hard as there are many uIP ports already successfully done.
I'd like to make a start in discussing porting uIP, lwIP or any other....
- which stack is best suited for PSoC3/5?
- are there any ports yet done on GCC or Keil?
- can we use a repository like SourceForge?
- would you like to contribute in such development?
- can we use PSoC's hardware blocks to implement MAC/PHY or do we still have to use external?
Okay guys, let's get this sucker done for PSoC!