You are here

Error trying to debug CY8CKIT-059 /w MiniProg3 / Creator 4.0 | Cypress Semiconductor

Error trying to debug CY8CKIT-059 /w MiniProg3 / Creator 4.0

Summary: 15 Replies, Latest post by ANKS on 29 Nov 2016 01:45 AM PST
Verified Answers: 0
Last post
x.bernard_2046676's picture
User
8 posts

Hello,

I am trying to debug a CY8CKIT-059 (CY8C5888LTI-LP097 device) programmed with a code example from Cypress with a MiniProg3 and PSoC creator 4.0 .

The programmer and device target are visible and I am able to connect to the device (using external or 3.3/5Vtarg power supply). The project builds well and I get an output in the command window that says that the target has been properly programmed.

Then, when it tries to switch to debug mode I get this error:

"error: dbg.M0015: Debugger exited unexpectedly during run. Encountered error (Target disconnected See output window for more information."

and the show details tab:

"There was an unhandled error during the debug session. This has forced the debugger to shutdown. Try again."

Even if I try again it does not work at all.

Then I tried with PSoC Creator 3.3 and I am able to debug. Is somebody able to fix that problem on PSoC Creator 4.0?

Regards,

Xavier

user_1377889's picture
User
9596 posts

Welcome in the forum, Xavier.

Check that in Workspace -> System -> Debug settings is set to SWD and not to GPIO

Bob

User
8 posts

I can't find this menu. Where is it?

When I go to select debug target, I can choose between JTAG and SWD, and SWD is chosen.

Xavier

user_1377889's picture
User
9596 posts

Workspace explorer -> System -> Debug settings

Bob

User
8 posts

I thank you for your answers Bob, but I can't find that in PSoC Creator 4.0 . Can you send a snapshot please?

Xavier

user_1377889's picture
User
9596 posts

Bob

User
8 posts

Ok, found it thanks! But it was already set to SWD + SWV, and I also tried SWD only, and I get the same error...

ANKS's picture
Cypress Employee
89 posts

Are you using ARM GCC Generic Toolchain or using the Default toolchain provided by Cypress.

Check that by-

1.Going to Tools>Options(see the attached image)

2.Going to Projects>Build Settings(see the image attached)

User
8 posts

The one provided by Cypress.

ANKS's picture
Cypress Employee
89 posts

Please check whether the optimization level is set to none or not (as shown in image attached)

User
8 posts

Hi,

It is set to none.

Thanks,

Xavier