Connect your PSoC3/5 based embedded system to the cloud through Redpine Signals Wi-Fi module | Cypress Semiconductor
Connect your PSoC3/5 based embedded system to the cloud through Redpine Signals Wi-Fi module
Now PSoC3/5 customers can add Wi-Fi to their designs seamlessly.
The partner solution of this month is developed and supported by one of our design and module partners, Redpine Signals. The RS-CY8C001-220X Wi-Fi Expansion Board Kit (EBK) is an expansion board that is designed to work with the Cypress PSoC3® and PSoC5® development kits that have an expansion connector CY8CKIT-001 (PSoC3/5), CY8CKIT-030 (PSoC3) and CY8CKIT-050 (PSoC5). It allows you to jump start your PSoC Designs that requires Wi-Fi (wireless) connectivity with an easy-to-use Wi-Fi component for Cypress's PSoC Creator , or altering sample projects provided with this kit. The Redpine Wi-Fi module present in this kit simply connects to PSoC3/5 devices using a serial interface (UART or SPI). The FCC certified Wi-Fi module present on this kit runs a TCP/IP stack and contains RF front end also, thereby offloading the entire WiFi interface to the module, which leads to quicker development cycles. The expansion board kit and the Wi-Fi module (for production purposes) are available for sale from Redpine Signals (through their distributors, Arrow and Future Electronics). The PSoC Creator component is also available for download along with example projects at the Redpine Signals Website (http://www.redpinesignals.com/cypress/psoc).
- Expansion board designed to work with the Cypress PSoC3® and PSoC5® development kits that have an expansion connector
- Based on the Redpine Signals Connect-io-n module - RS9110-N-11-22
- Fully self-contained IEEE 802.11bgn based wireless device server
- Includes all the protocol and configurations functions for WLAN connectivity in Open and Secure modes of operation
- Payload data through Serial Interface and SPI
- Terminates TCP and UDP connections, and offers transparent serial modem functionality
- Integrated antenna, frequency reference and low-frequency clock
- Ultra-low-power operation with power-save modes
- Ad-hoc and infrastructure modes for maximum deployment flexibility
- Single supply 3.1 to 3.6V operation
Visit the Design Partner Blog